• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So I just called into Bill Shanks' show on 105.5..

bumpyphish1

• Premium Member

I'm a premium subscriber too, I just never really post on there. I didn't even know Bill followed the Hawks, or anyone else for that matter from over there.

The only reason I knew was because I've seen him post here a few times and I've caught him saying stuff in the chatroom or on podcasts about "watchin' the Hawks game" or something like that and let's face it.....only true Hawks fans will admit publicly they were "watchin' the Hawks game".

Quote:

Quote:

The fact that people like you thought we had a shot at the playoffs with 37 or 38 wins should allow you to "see".

Not sure how that is even slightly relevant to the conversation, but ok.

So you think the overall impact of losing Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, Ty Lue and Speedy for long stretches as well as Speedy and Shelden being injured all season when they were out there had a far smaller impact than 7 or 8 wins? Wow. OK, so how many games do you think we would have won this year if we were reasonably healthy, with no other changes? (also I didn't think we'd make the playoffs - I thought we'd finish tenth in the east)

Quote:

I think an easy way to "see" would be to combine all of the records of playoff teams from last year and compare them to this year.

Can I have some of what you're drinking?
russian.gif

This year all playoff teams combined for 783 wins. Last year they combined for 785 wins. What was the point now?

# of wins for the 16 playoff teams from best to worst (last year - this year)

64 - 67

63 - 61

60 - 58

54 - 53

52 - 52

50 - 51

49 - 50

49 - 49

47 - 47

45 - 45

44 - 44

44 - 42

42 - 42

41 - 41

41 - 41

40 - 40

As you can see, virtually identical. So what was this overwhelmingly obvious point now? Maybe you should stick to emoticons.

Glad I wasted your time. Do you feel better after writing all those numbers down?

The point is, the league in general is down. Toronto is a 4 or 5? I know memory fades, but the old Mookie Hawks, usually a 4 or 5, would kick the sh!t out of Toronto. Hell, we did early this year. They were one of the sorriest teams I've ever seen. Same for Orlando. The League is just not the same, and we are not taking advantage.

Now you're bringing up the mookie days? Way to change the argument when you're wrong, as per usual. He said the league was weaker THAN LAST YEAR. Mookie has nothing to do with that.

Also, YOU brought the playoff records up pal. You specifically told me to compare the numbers and they're identical.

WTF