• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sprees final home game for the Knicks?

Admin

If the deal is Spree for Grob I could certainly stand it. Longterm having Ira at SF is much better than having him at SG.

February 13, 2003 -- If this was Latrell Sprewell’s Garden swan song, it hit a flat note.

In his final home appearance before the Feb. 20 trade deadline, Sprewell suffered through a miserable game - 12 points on just 5-for-18 shooting in the Knicks’ 113-107 loss to Golden State.

"I really don’t want to speculate on if it is or isn’t [the final game]," Sprewell said. "When that day comes, I’ll have more than enough to give you. Until it happens, I’m not even going to comment."

Sprewell actually came into the game as one of the league’s more torrid players. He’d averaged 31 points the last two games, including a record-setting 9-for-9 3-point shooting performance last week against the Clippers.

But after hitting three of his first six shots last night, Sprewell went from fluid to frigid. He clanged 10 of his final 12 attempts and spent the final 5:12 on the bench during his team’s frantic, albeit futile, fourth-quarter comeback.

"I wasn’t playing particularly well, so I wasn’t surprised," Sprewell said. "You always want to be out on the floor to help your team, but if it’s a situation where you’re not helping, you’re hurting, then it’s something you can take on the chin, go sit down and cheer guys on."

Sprewell, of course, has downplayed the recent trade rumors and has relentlessly reiterated how much he wants to stay in New York. Last night he said the trade rumors were "the furthest thing from my mind."

"I’m tough," Sprewell said. "My mentality is such that I’m not going to let something like that bother me."

The fans, however, might be more conscious. During the pregame introductions, the roar started as soon you heard the patented "At 6-5 from Allll-abama . . ." As is his trademark, Sprewell bounded through his teammate aisle and threw a huge hug on Allan Houston as the cheering reached a crescendo.

Indeed, it’s been a heavenly relationship since Sprewell’s first Knick game in 1999.

"Love at first sight," Sprewell said. "When I got here, I was really accepted by the fans. And from day one, I’ve loved it here. It’s just something that’s been special."

I've always loved Spree's game and what happen with PJ Carlesimo is history and he has been a modern citizen since. Spree has alot of good years left under his belt, a good 5-6 years. I would give Big Dog for Spree, I think it will help our team tremendously in defense pressure and a good ball handler. They both have good outside shots, but Big Dog is almost money at all times, but Spree gives you something different, and he is a good 17-18 ppg. We stay with Reef's inside game and our first option and Spree our second. With Big Dog we were confused, we didnt know who was first option between BD and Reef. I would like to see Spree in this team, but not for the expense of JT and Reef.