• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi highlight dunk on Pau...

TroyMcClure

I'll say I for the most part agree with Walter on the aspect of we are the 4th worst team in the NBA so it is more than just filling positions. Don't get me wrong, a PG and a defensive Center would instantly improve our team, by how much I don't know. Are we certain that our talent at SG/SF/PF is what we want? I also feel that we will make at least one trade whether it is using one of our picks or a combination of Chill/MW/SW/Salim, etc.

What on earth would compel you to think that Yi is better than Marvin? And thus worth having on this team over him.

Whoop de do, Yi dunked on Pau Gasol...guess what...Marvin dunked on the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (Camby), and it was 50X better than Yi's dunk.

Marvin is UNDOUBTEDLY a better athlete than Yi, and has NBA experience...He is only 20 freakin years old, but has shown he has potential to be a very "solid" SF in the league.

I'd rather trade the #3 pick (which we could get more value for than MW, btw, due to the Conley infatuation) for a C and then take Law or Crit at 11.

I can't believe you'd rather have Yi (who you have only seen youtube highlight tapes of) over MW/SW...You are way too impatient with the both of them.

If Yi turns out to be a great prospect, then good, the value of the #3 pick increases even more...Fine by me, but by no means do I want him on this team.

The fact that you have to justify a SF being a better athlete than a 7 footer just shows you how special Yi really is.

No one is saying we would have to choose between Shelden and Marvin and Yi.

Guess what? We have the 3rd pick so we could have ALL THREE.

Why is that so complicated to understand?

You want to trade for a C like that's so friggin easy. Don't say "A center" Since you made up your mind about Yi so much how about naming someone who's available for our 3rd pick?

Quote:

The fact that you have to justify a SF being a better athlete than a 7 footer just shows you how special Yi really is.

No one is saying we would have to choose between Shelden and Marvin and Yi.

Guess what? We have the 3rd pick so we could have ALL THREE.

Why is that so complicated to understand?

You want to trade for a C like that's so friggin easy. Don't say "A center" Since you made up your mind about Yi so much how about naming someone who's available for our 3rd pick?

When you have the #3 and #11 picks, it is "easy"...That's a lot to work with.

And why would we take Yi if we aren't planning on moving MW or SW?

Congrats, we will have just used a #3 pick on someone who's going to get around 5 mpg.

Yea we could "have all three!!!", but then who the hell is going to man PG and C???

You are living in a fantasy land where distributing the ball and defending the post don't really matter.

What a freaking waste.

And for the record, barring a trade, I want Conley at 3...Taking another SF/PF would be a complete waste.

Guest Walter

Yi will certainly be a better professional than MW. He looks to be a game changer. 7'er who moves like a Sf and will grow into the Pf position like Dirk.

I've seen enough of MW wo know that he MW looks for the shadows and simply does not have the talent to do much more than shoot mid range shots in a manner that makes the opposition take ANY notice.

I'm not saying we must take Yi because we have another option such as Wright or trading the pick, but please don't tell me MW is better. We should all be smarter than that by now.

W