• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Current Flavor of the Week?

AHF

oh boy are people really calling for Brendan Haywood? you want to pay another 5 mil a year (for 3 more years!) for a scrub that can't even win the starting position outright over etan thomas?

haywood stunk @ carolina and he will continue to be sorry for as long as he is in the league.

i can see the hawks winning a championship in the not too distant future led by speedy and haywood. now that's funny. HEH!

I'd like to think with our available assets we can do better than Brendan Haywood.

We have the #3 pick and we've got a SF with potential (Marvin)/an effective SG/SF sixth man (Childress) as trade bait. That's not bad. I really like the idea of trading the #3 + Marvin/Childress for Aldridge and Jack.

if conley is player the hawks are targeting they should trade down. boston and memphis don't need pg's. so you can trade with memphis or boston and pick up either a future draft pick or a nice complimentary player. delonte or stromile???

thoughts?

no way conley @ 3. you have to trade down at least 1 or 2 spots to take him. because there is nobody fighting to get conley that high.

I think Memphis has major point guard issues like us and may Select Conley at #4. I still hope Ainge falls in love with someone whereby he might want to move up and give us Perkins and #5 for #3. We then have a solid big in Perkins, who is still very young and improving, take our pick of Brewer, Noah, or maybe Yi at #5 and still get Crit or Law at #11.

i disagree pete. the pg i was highest on in last yr's draft was kyle lowry. he was starting to get adjusted to the nba game after being the grizz's first round pick before he got injured. unless the injury is career threatening (broken wrist) i doubt the grizz will use consecutive 1st round picks on the pg spot.

Quote:

if conley is player the hawks are targeting they should trade down. boston and memphis don't need pg's. so you can trade with memphis or boston and pick up either a future draft pick or a nice complimentary player. delonte or stromile???

thoughts?

no way conley @ 3. you have to trade down at least 1 or 2 spots to take him. because there is nobody fighting to get conley that high.

Boston PG is who ? Telfair ? Rondo ? West ? No one knows.

Memphis PG is who ? Damon Stoudamire is 33 next year. At 5'10'' his game is all speed and quickness. How much of that does hehave left at 33.

Quit defending yourself. It must hurt really bad to have that kind of defense. wink.gif