• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Current Flavor of the Week?

AHF

• Moderators

If you were the Hawks' GM and on the clock today with the third pick, who would you take?

Portland - 1 - Greg Oden, C Ohio State

Seattle - 2 - Kevin Durant, F Texas

Atlanta - 3 - ??

Quote:

Quote:

At this point I don't see how the Hawks could pass on Conley at 3.

I can see how they would do it. Two words.... Billy Knight.

Still i think Conley is definitely the right pick.

Absolutely correct. That is why I am not as excited about having two high picks as I should be. BK is likely to mess it up again.

Wright, Brewer or Law. I just cant make up my mind. Brewer is the best player in the draft and that includes the top two picks. However we need a defender who can stop bigs and we have enough forwards so the only way we can take Brewer is if we aquire a big in a trade that doesnt include pick 3. Wright looks like a combo of Sam Perkins and K.G. but can we afford to wait for him to develope. Law is easily the most nba ready point and could be the leader and drivers seat kinda player we need so bad. Can we role the dice and hope he is still there at 11. I think after workouts Law's stock will rise the highest espec. if he gets to go one on one with Conley. Sorry but I just cant make up my mind. smirk.gif

I wouldn't be opposed to trading the 11th pick plus AJ/Lue for Haywood. While he has been coming off the bench it seems all the Wizards fans like him and put a lot of blame on the coach. He has legit size for a center and is a tough defender with a reasonable contract.

Of course this is assuming that Conley is picked at 3.

I'm totally with you on Haywood. I think a change of scenery might do him some good and in ATL he can be the man. Plus, he doesn't have to catch any right crosses to the jaw from Etan Thomas.

A change of scenery can do a player good. Look, its not like the league is loaded with quality bigs. Guys like Dalembert are the new centers in the game today.

I would send the 11th and see if they would eat Speedy's deal. That Claxton deal will look worse in the next 18 months. We aren't likely to get much at 11 anyway and I'd rather have Haywood than Noah or Hawes.

• Moderators

I can't go in with you guys with Haywood for #11. I think that is way too big a price to pay for him. I don't think he will ever be an impact player and I don't give up a lottery pick in this draft for a guy who could be a valuable addition to the rotation.

Quote:

I agree, Haywood is softer then ice cream in the Georgia sun.

Haywood is a very tough defender. He doesn't score because he doesn't get a lot of touches. But he has size and can play D and we need both badly. Plus he has a reasonable contract.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Haywood is a very tough defender. He doesn't score because he doesn't get a lot of touches. But he has size and can play D and we need both badly. Plus he has a reasonable contract.

I don't think nearly as much of him as you do but do think he would be worth acquiring at a cheap price. The #11 pick just strikes me as being way too much to sacrifice for him.

I took Brewer with the best player available theory. I know we cannot afford to do this and will prolly have to take Wright. I think BK will work out a trade though. However if you put a gun to my head at pick #3 and say you have 2 choices: Conley or Brewer? I would have to take the guy who can actually play and that is Brewer.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think nearly as much of him as you do but do think he would be worth acquiring at a cheap price. The #11 pick just strikes me as being way too much to sacrifice for him.

The way i look at it is who could be more valuable that we could get at 11? If we take Conley at 3 that pretty much rules out Law and Crit. I think Noah is a wimp. I haven't seen much of Hawes but it sounds like his D is no better than Zaza's.

What bit man could we get at 11 that is better than Haywood?

Centers with size who can play D are in short supply.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't agree. Haywood is clumsy on offense, but he's a good positional defender, something the Hawks lack. If you can sign off on his character flaws, you trade for him as soon as possible. The problem, IMO, is that the Wizards will not be excited about trading him within their division.

Quote:

It looks like this poll has driven a stake into the Yi Jianlin theory.

Has it ever. By the sheer number of threads screaming for Yi or "anyone but Conley," you'd think Conley were the devil.

Quality over quantity.