• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That's how the Hawks should play.

KB21

The ball was moved around, and no one was just chucking up shots like they usually do. No player shot the ball more than 15 times in that game. Robinson had probably his most efficient scoring night of the year by hitting 9 of 15 from the floor and 4 of 6 from the free throw line. He also picked up 4 assists. Glenn played within the system more last night and didn't force anything.

The key to the game was Jason Terry though. The Hawks have been needing someone to step up and take charge of this team the entire [censored] season. Jason Terry did that last night. Now, I don't know how long it will last. All I know is that before last night's game, it was Jason Terry that came out and stated that "We have to find a way to win. We can't keep doing this!"

Terry responded to himself, getting 23 points, 13 assists, 10 rebounds, and only 2 turnovers on 10 of 14 shooting, 3 of 5 from behind the arc.

I've said all along, that's how it has to be. This HAS to be Jason Terry's team if they are going to turn this thing around.

...we probably could play this way. A win is a win but it's hard to get excited over thrashing the Bulls - who are even more inconsistent than we are. I'd like to see us do this against a good team - [censored] I'd even be happy if we beat the Warriors...

Atlanta beat a good Philadelphia team by a similar fashion a couple of weeks ago.

This is the NBA. You don't discount wins just because it may come against a team you may think is an inferior team.

Do you think the coaches told the team after the game that while this was a win, it was just against the Bulls, so it doesn't mean anything?

No. What the coaches will do is hopefully take the positives out of this game and continue to build upon those positives.

When asked about this being his team earlier this season, he deferred to Dog and Reef saying that he was just a young guy. That is the wrong attitude for him to have, particularly as a PG. From a talent standpoint, I don't think there is any question that he is every bit the equal of either guy but he needs to understand that and take control as the PG. Reef and Dog are both good players but neither has good leadership skills. JT does and he should use them. Dog and Reef both need direction and need to be pushed and guided to be at their best. I'd LOVE to see JT step up and become this team's leader but until HE believes that he should be, I don't think it will happen.

As for the win, you're right. ANY win for this team, particularly on the road is a good win. Throw in the fact that we had on 10 TOs for the game and it becomes a GREAT win.

I wonder how much coaching has influenced that on JT though? It seems JT gets jerked around between the 1 and 2 so much that he really tries to hard at times to be one or the other.

IMO, JT is a guy with natural leadership skills. There are a lot of people that think JT was the locker room leader on that championship Arizona squad. He's probably the locker room leader with the Hawks.

He's got to take control of the game from the point guard spot, but he's also got to have coaches that are confident in him to entrust him with that onus.

I hope last night was a coming out party for Jason Terry. I hope to see him take the lead of this team, and lead this team to some victories the rest of the way. He did it last year, IMO. Getting some wins at the end of this season will go a long way in getting him a contract extension with the Hawks this offseason.