• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stirring the pot........

Dragitoff

I know you can probably file this in the unlikely scenario category, but you gotta' admit, it's at least intriguing.

Atlanta trades: Josh Childress, Tyronne Lue, ZaZa Pachulia, #3 pick to Memphis for Pau Gasol

Memphis trades: #3 pick and #4 pick to Portland for #1 pick.

Memphis, of course drafts Greg Oden @ #1

Portland drafts Yi Jianlian @ #3 and Corey Brewer @ #4

Why each team does it? Atlanta needs a post scorer and Gasol gives them just that. Memphis gets a franchise center and cornerstone which to build around. Portland gets the offensive replacement to groom behind Randolph and will also help their interior defense. His versatility allows him to play some SF minutes as well giving Portland different looks that make them hard to defend. Horford could have easily been the #4 pick, but Brewer gives them a shutdown defender at SF making their team defense even better.

Speedy/#11 pick/AJ

JJ/Salim

Marvin

Smoove/Jones

Gasol/LoWright

Lue/Lowry/Stoudamire

Miller

Childress/Gay/Cardinal

Warrick/Swift/Johnson

Oden/ZaZa

Jack/Rodriguez/Dickau

Roy/Webster/Jones

Brewer/Miles

Randolph/Yi/LaFrentz

Aldridge/Przybilla

I don't know that Portland would even consider it, but they're in the best shape to offer anything even close to a package to get the #1 pick from Portland.

After the sam bowie debacle no way does portland trade the number one pick. There is confirmation that they have already been offered two western conference perennial all stars for the pick and immediately said no and that the pick is off the table.

Quote:

After the sam bowie debacle no way does portland trade the number one pick. There is confirmation that they have already been offered two western conference perennial all stars for the pick and immediately said no and that the pick is off the table.

Like I said, I know it's ridiculous to even suggest it, but I thought it would be fun banter for us to talk about. Just to clarify, you're not saying a team offered 2 All-Stars for the pick are you? I'm guessing you're saying 2 teams each offered an All-Star for the pick, right?

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said, I know it's ridiculous to even suggest it, but I thought it would be fun banter for us to talk about. Just to clarify, you're not saying a team offered 2 All-Stars for the pick are you? I'm guessing you're saying 2 teams each offered an All-Star for the pick, right?

Yeah two different teams offered a perennial all star each for the pick. I'm guessing one may have been Kobe.

If L.A. offered Kobe for the pick they would have had to take back some pretty big contracts like Zack Randolph and someone else like Darius Miles. I don't know, having Kobe over Randolph/Oden?

Quote:

If L.A. offered Kobe for the pick they would have had to take back some pretty big contracts like Zack Randolph and someone else like Darius Miles. I don't know, having Kobe over Randolph/Oden?

Yes kobe's contract would have definitely forced something along those lines...I think that randolph and miles salary would just about cover it (plus some filler from lakers)...

No two ways about it Kobe is one of the top 3 players in the game, and I think that most teams with the number one pick would have to strongly consider it. However Portland is one of the exceptions given Kobe's past stayovers in Colorado. The blazers are not going to take a chance on anyone with any sort of past negative baggage(whether someone was convicted or otherwise). That and the fact that there is only one franchise that portlanders truly hate (lakers...we merely dislike the jazz).

They're one jailblazer away from having a clean start from the whitsitt era(I think that it is quite likely that miles will retire...blazers mgt is trying hard to talk him into it)