• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Calderon / Jack Poll

coachx

I'm a Dawg fan but still see the quality in Jack.

The one think I see in Jack that I don't see in Calderon is:

Calderon is a bad defender.

Jack is a good defender.

I know Calder ontorched us when we played him but every PG torches us b/c Lue and AJ are not good defenders and Speedy was hurt and when he played he was rarely 90%.

As DrReality mentioned, I'm a huge GT fan and have a little bit of bias for JJ. Calderon, however, intrigues me. I'd be willing to strongly look at moving Childress for either one. I know I keep mentioning Childress but it seems like he is the odd man out according to Sothron's info. I read somewhere on here that Calderon and Gasol have some previous chemistry together so that could be a positive where Jack brings local flavor, plays his heart out and is tough as nails. He also has the size to give us the option to go with a 2 PG lineup for certainly points in a game when we want to run.

Defense is a concern, but if you're outproducing your own liability, in terms of scoring and assists - doesn't that more than counterbalance it?

I think this is what supports my argument best:

Calderon on 82games

By the same measure, Jack is actually outproduced by his opponent. So, who actually helps you win more games?

I'll definitely grant that Jack has more upside (edit: i don't mean his ceiling is higher, but he has more room between today and his ceiling) and is still improving. Calderon is a little older already, but his production per minute is already eye-popping.

Quote:

Defense is a concern, but if you're outproducing your own liability, in terms of scoring and assists - doesn't that more than counterbalance it?

I think this is what supports my argument best:

Calderon on 82games

By the same measure, Jack is actually outproduced by his opponent. So, who actually helps you win more games?

I'll definitely grant that Jack has more upside (edit: i don't mean his ceiling is higher, but he has more room between today and his ceiling) and is still improving. Calderon is a little older already, but his production per minute is already eye-popping.

Good point.

Let me throw some variables out there.

Jack plays vs. starters and Calderon plays vs. the back ups.

Torronto is a winning team in the weak east.

Portland is awful is the mighty west