• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Real GM 4.0 Mock Draft

Scott

• Premium Member

By Christopher Reina

1. Greg Oden

Center. Ohio State

As evidenced by Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles, Kevin Garnett in Minnesota, LeBron James in Cleveland, etc., franchise players run the franchise these days and GM’s ultimately work for them, so it is time for Kevin Pritchard to finally get on board with his future boss. Unless he is doing something more than merely kicking Kevin Durant's tires.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Kevin Durant

Small Forward. Texas

Sam Presti’s former employers have had Tim Duncan to build around over the past ten years and while Kevin Durant isn’t Duncan, his versatility will offer the new GM plenty of ways to build.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Mike Conley Jr

Point Guard. Ohio State

The very loud ‘Atlanta likes Horford’ buzz smells like a smokescreen. Conley and Horford will both be working out for the Hawks on the 25th and I believe Conley will still be their man and that this is an attempt to trade down. I would much rather leave the draft with Conley and Thaddeus Young/Al Thornton than with Horford and Javaris Crittenton/Acie Law.

4. Al Horford

Power Forward. Florida

While the Grizzlies need a point guard, putting the physical Al Horford between Rudy Gay and Pau Gasol will improve the play of both players as much as a great point guard such as Conley would. Tony Barone is known to be very high on Horford and new GM Chris Wallace is coming from a franchise that wisely stuck by Al Jefferson.

5. Brandan Wright

Power Forward. North Carolina

Wright has been very impressive in his workouts and remains the unquestioned third best player in this draft in my estimation. No matter if the Celtics are trying to win now or win in the future, Wright will have the biggest impact on making the franchise a winner again. Wright, Al Jefferson and Paul Pierce may not exactly be Bird, McHale and Parish, but it is a frontline that will be amongst the best two or three in the entire NBA.

6. Corey Brewer

Small Forward. Florida

Despite being so lean, Brewer is extremely tough and his elevation and long arms will lead him to develop into one of the best rebounding small forwards in the NBA. This is an obvious benefit for the Bucks since big men Andrew Bogut and Charlie Villanueva aren’t married to the paint. The rise on his jumpshot lends nicely to the dying midrange game, which will offset Michael Redd on the other wing. Execs like his make-up and his versatility and is the biggest ‘can’t miss’ outside of the top-two.

7. Spencer Hawes

Center. Washington

Hawes has modeled his game after Kevin McHale and Tim Duncan and with Kevin Garnett looking like he may have played his final game with the Wolves, there could be a lot more room for the club to look long-term. Before the Juwan Howard trade, Joakim Noah looked like the natural fit to contribute immediately, but it appears as though Minnesota is now going in a different direction.

8. Jeff Green

Small Forward. Georgetown

Green has been going through the process while projecting that he would have no problem at all returning to school and it is likely that he got positive feedback from the Bobcats when they watched him workout at Georgetown. Green is a versatile big wing, which falls in line with the versatility they already have and some of it which they may be losing, Gerald Wallace.

9. Joakim Noah

Power Forward. Florida

Noah bumps down two spots from the previous mock, but it is to a familiar place and the perfect place for him. This will be a no-brainer for Chicago if he remains on the board with the ninth selection, with the only thing that could change it is if they are for drafting another team (i.e.: Kobe Bryant deal). Noah works hard and loves to play defense, two prerequisites to playing in Chicago.

10. Yi Jianlian

Power Forward. China

The Kings have seen Yi workout, but could be swayed to drop down to the Sixers’ slot for an additional first rounder. In order for a player like Yi Jianlian to become special, he needs to be a really special player and from the footage I’ve seen, I feel the likelihood is relatively small. Players of this ilk who do not become great scorers rarely find a niche in the NBA doing anything else and this is where the real risk lies.

11. Thaddeus Young

Small Forward. Georgia Tech

We will only know the true intentions of what the Hawks will do here when the third pick is announced. The versatile Young has shown the fundamentals to put together an offensive game that matches his athletic abilities. With two lottery picks, I would go safe early and risky late.

12. Al Thornton

Combo Forward. Florida State

Thornton pulled out of a Monday workout with the Sixers due to a sprained ankle, but has rescheduled for next Monday. For a team without a pure scorer on their roster, Thornton would be a godsend. Danny Ainge believes the Florida State forward is the second best scorer in the draft.

13. Julian Wright

Small Forward. Kansas

Wright still hasn’t scheduled a workout with the Hornets, but he has been only working out for top-ten teams thus far. None of the concerns about Wright’s outside shooting have been alleviated during his workouts, but New Orleans remains an ideal spot for him.

14. Javaris Crittenton

Point Guard. Georgia Tech

Crittenton is Dwight Howard’s Mike Conley, as the two played together in high school, but it looks to me like Elton Brand will be his NBA running mate. Acie Law has looked like the pick for the Clippers here, but half-measures do not produce results in the Western Conference and Crittenton’s ceiling is too alluring to pass on. Crittenton calls the Clippers 'a perfect situation' and I agree.