I talked with Jason Collins

asdogg

At a meeting about Hypertension and its management in NY, I ran into Jason Collins of the NJ NETS. I asked him in front of every one at the confrence, " What do you think about the Hawks?" The [censored] just smirked and said, " The Atlanta Hawks?" He then slowly replied they are a good team having a bad year. I wish we some how win the draft or trade for the first pick an get Lebron James. Then we would see who was smirking. [censored] Motumbo Back Up.

Were you hoping for something along the lines of:

"Well, the Hawks are certainly one of the league's up and coming dominant teams of the future. You can just see the progress this team has made over the last four seasons. They have one of the top basketball minds in league history by the name of Pete Babcock. There's a reason why the team said NO THANKS to Jerry West. They knew that West's time was over and that the champions of the future will be build by guys like Pete. Also, look at how Memphis has taken such a big step back since West brought that other old timer, Hubie Brown, aboard...meanwhile, Babcock has the Hawks moving in the right direction!"

I don't think that reaction is so bad. At least he talked to you. Many NBA players won't talk to strangers, especially not to discuss teams other than their own.

His answer seemed PC, albeit preceded by a smirk. You asked him about one of the league's worst teams for the last four seasons.

What do YOU think about the Miami Heat?