• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another name for the Toronto job

KB21

What would you prefer? That they recycle every guy who's ever had a head coaching job? Or perhaps former players that aren't serving as Asst. Coaches, like Nique, guys with NO coaching experience? College Coaches...been there, done that.

Face it, the pool for coaches that are a) good, b) recognizable by fans and players, and c) command respect from players (perhaps the most important part) is somewhat small, so yes, you hear names come up over and over again...

Is the NFL or MLB any different?

I'm not saying I'm against it. Personaly, I like to see guys like Mussleman, Carlisle, and even Stotts who have paid their dues as long time assistants get the opportunity to coach. IMO, I think the league is paying right now for the recylcling of guys like Bill Fitch for example in the late 80s to early 90s. During that time, quality assistants weren't getting good opportunities. And the opportunities that came along were with lousy teams and lousy organizations. Some guys got the call due to their association with a coach, i.e Jim Cleamons being an assistant for Phil Jackson.

I don't advocate going out and hiring Kenny Smith, who has no coaching experience at all.