• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My "Reconstruction" Plan

mrhonline

• Premium Member

First things, first, the Hawks need a SG. The question that needs to be decided is whether JT will play alongside the PG or not...I would:

1. Trade G.Rob + filler (either Crawford or a resigned Glover) for Latrell Spreewell. Babs is gone, so this avenue should be available, esp. if Van Gundy heads this way...

2. Sign Steve Smith to the vet's min. as the backup SG. Dermarr may or may not make this team, but I would expect him to outplay Smith to do so.

----

If the Hawks decide that JT's time in ATL is up, then:

3. Sign Kenny Anderson to play PG. He shouldn't be TOO expensive as long as he's promised the starting role, which he would be here...

4. Trade JT, JT/Nazr, or JT/Henderson for a SF to replace Robinson. I would that a WC team would love to pick up JT as a "6th man" at the right price. What about Battier? Dunleavy?

5. Fill in the open spots.

An example of the new roster:

Anderson

Spree

New SF

SAR

Theo

Dickau

Smith

Newble?Walt Williams

Henderson

DJ?

(Plus a couple picks + camp invitees)

• Premium Member

First of all, H, you're simply not controversial enough to get responses. Now if you said something feisty like Hotlantadude or go out on a limb like Diesel, then people would read...I mean, why would anyone want to comment - it's not like you weren't right at any point during the year...Besides, everyone is too enamored with JT to admit that trading him would be a good idea...

Dude you tell how many people read by the numbers

of times it has been clicked on.I read it,but I think

this team needs to be rebuilt getting rid of Robinson

and Rahim to be honest with you.

I wouldn't be against trading Terry, but I want equal value for him. You give Dunleavy or Battier as examples. Maybe Dunleavy or Battier and an unprotected pick. I don't think Battier will be much more than a role player in the NBA. He's pretty consistent, but I don't think he'll get much better, and he's not very exciting to watch (in a Shareef sort of way). Dunleavy, so far, looks pretty bad. He might just be a developmental guy, but, on the other hand, maybe not.

I just hate giving up Terry because he's just exciting and a great on/offcourt guy. Outside of the game's superstars, Terry is about as good as it gets from a fun to watch perspective. It's a shame we can't trade Big Dog for Jalen Rose. Here, he could be the first option like he wants to be, and he could be the other ball-handler the Hawks need. He'd just have to remember that, in the last minute or two, he wasn't the first option.

• Premium Member

of times it has been clicked on.>>

Thats my point...Certain people's threads get "clicked on" more often than others, which is kinda hard to explain...(BTW, I enjoy your threads...)

I agree re: Robinson...I say trade him for Spreewell...He's probably the best we could get at this point.

I want one of the following guys:

Jalen Rose

Jamal Mashburn

Brent Barry

Doug Christie

Chuncy Billups

Alvin Williams

[censored],I'd even take Jim Jackson back if he'd play

his role,but you know he wouldn't!

We really need one of those guys

And also completley unavailable, esp. after Baron's health difficulties this year and Mash's ability to drive the team without their pg and previously considered best player...