• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI's Marty Burns East Ranking--Hawks #13

koncak

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

On the side of devils' advocate, most of the other teams in our territory of losing games also had significant injuries last season (Milwaukee lost a ton of games to injuries including injuries to their starting SG, SF, PF and C; Boston lost/sat Pierce among others and added KG and Allen); Charlotte lost Okafor, May and others to injury and added Richardson; etc.).

True, but i'm not sure those teams were reduced to giving players like Matt Frieje & Cedric Bozman major minutes. scared.gif But the real difference is that the Hawks were winning before the injuries, I don't Boston, Charlotte, or Milwuakee can make that claim!

Bozman played less than 200 minutes on the season and Frieje played less than 150 minutes.

The Bucks played Jared Reiner and Damir Markota more minutes han those two.

Charlotte played Bernard Robinson and Ryan Hollins more than those two.

Indiana played Rawle Marshall and Orien Green each more minutes than Bozeman and Frieje got combined.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There was nothing remarkable about Atlanta's injuries last season when compared to other lottery teams.

The Hawks starters missed 103 games for the season with the starting back court missing 65 games by themselves. The top 2 reserves missed 53 games and Shelden played injured all season long. That is a total of 156 games missed by the top seven guys on the team! I think that the entire New york team missed 179 which was 12 in the NBA

I guess we have a difference on whether one should look

at the opinions of people without a vested interest.

Personally, I agree with the comment that the difference between 8-13 is marginal at best. His comments on Law and Horford are more troubling than the ranking. If I were to slot the Hawks today I'd suggest #11 (ahead of Bucks and Bobcast). One can be a "fan" and circulate ideas that are controversial. For me, that's the difference between a fan and an apologist.

• Premium Member

Quote:

One can be a "fan" and circulate ideas that are controversial. For me, that's the difference between a fan and an apologist.

Maybe I was being too harsh but I am just so tired of people bashing our young players without giving a chance to grow together. Seriously, I didn't mean to offend you.