• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What needs to happen to this team?

bumpyphish1

What "things" (trades, personnel changes, philosophies, WHATEVER) need to happen for this team to get over the top. This thread has been started strictly due to boredom and the lack of interesting discussion going along.

My opinion:

We need to trade two-three players for one upgrade. Childress, Lue, AJ, Salim, Zaza, maybe even Marvin should be shopped to get us another "no brainer" starter. Big Al, JJ, Law, and Josh Smith are untouchable. If we could put together some sort of package to get Pau Gasol (sorry to bring his name up again) then how great would that be? Think of a starting five of:

Law

JJ

Smith

Gasol

Horford

That^^^ would be some exciting [censored]!

2nd thing we need to do:

Fire Mike Woodson.

Otherwise, my optimism levels for this team are pretty high.

I think we need to play this team and then see what we still need. Of course any good trade for a low post threat would help but I think we are too far along in our rebuild to make a move like Boston did. I really wasn't a fan of the Amare deal much less a Gasol deal. Hopefully Marvin and Horford play well this year and if they do that will give us more tradeable assets if our team just isn't winning. Also if we aren't winning a coaching change will definitely happen.

well, I agree with pretty much everything that has been said. The exception being the comment about not wanting to add Amare or Pau. Um, why?

i certainly understand mgmt's decision to go with the talent we have, sort some things out, and potentially make a trade later. i would love to see something done before the deadline though. add a piece to make a playoff run!