• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question re: where we are with Smoove's extension?

DavidSomerset

Haven't been on here too often lately...

I know the court ruling made it so the restraints against us SHOULD be lifted...I haven't seen confirmation yet that that has occurred, though.

Has there been any chatter about the extension getting done?

Are we any closer??

We have to have it done by Halloween, right? Or else wait for some period of time to negotiate again?

Last question: What range should we be expecting? Something like 5 years 58 or so million?

I don't know for sure so call this an educated guess. The handcuff order will stay in place until the appeal process is over, and Belkin will wait until 25 or so days after the last ruling to apply for further appeal. Once he applies, it will take 60 days plus for the next higher court to decide whether to accept the appeal. If they decline, the case will return to the trial court within a week and the order will be lifted.

judge.gifThe trial court could enter a new handcuff order at that point, however.

If we don't get him sign this offseason. It will get done next. The positive thing is with the restrictions likely gone. There is nothing stopping us from re-sign Smoove. We got $9 Mil coming off the books this upcoming offseason. That is likely will be the base of Smoove next contract for the first year. Maybe a mil or two more.