• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

10 sense with Marvin Williams

Boondocks

http://dimemag.com/2007/10/02/10-sense-marvin-williams/

Quote:

Atlanta Hawks fans (yes, they do exist) are still waiting for Marvin Williams to have his breakout season. It seems every offseason they’ve heard of the 6-9 forward tearing it up in the summer leagues, but when the games start to count, he hasn’t had the impact expected of a #2 overall draft pick. And it doesn’t help that Marvin was the man infamously picked ahead of Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Ray Felton when the Hawks needed a point guard. This past season, his second in the League, the North Carolina product went for 13.1 points and 5.6 rebounds per game, besting both of his rookie-year averages. Heading into Year 3, he’s part of a developing Hawks nucleus — along with Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Acie Law IV, Al Horford and Josh Childress — looked upon to bring the team out of the cellar. We got up with Marvin at the RBK Family Reunion a couple weeks ago before Hawks camp opened…

1. In the off season I am in school. Right now I’m taking general courses but I think I am going to major in African American History.

2. I play a lot of video games. I just played the Madden 08 for the first time today. In college football my cousin keeps beating me, so I have to sharpen up a bit.

3. I’m a big football fan; it’s my favorite sport other than basketball. I root for my hometown Seahawks. I’m very close to the Burleson family — Nate plays for the Seahawks and I played AAU with Lyndale Burleson (Nevada).

4. No question that right now Kanye has the hottest album out. I have been listening to it so much that I am starting to get tired of it (laughs). He’s my favorite rapper; I don’t listen to anything really but him right now. If I do listen to something else it would be The Game or Lil’ Wayne.

5. I really don’t spend money like that. My last big purchase was a Chevy for my grandmother. I’m not that into cars; I drive a Denali. My favorite car is the ‘64 Impala. I have to get my hands on one of those.

6. I have a few new tattoos. I have a new one on my arm that says “GBMS” which stands for “God Bless My Success.” I also have one dedicated to my grandmother.

7. We have a lot of good ballers in Seattle. Nate (Robinson), Jamal (Crawford), Brandon Roy, Micah Downs … It’s tough to say how we’d stack up against other cities. NY and L.A. would be tough because they’re so big. We’re trying to make a name for ourselves. I mean, Brandon Roy got Rookie of the Year.

8. I am super excited about the upcoming season. We got two really good young guys. It’s crazy I’m calling a guy young, but we have a really good duo coming in.

9. The Eastern Conference has gotten better. Every night you have to go out and compete. Everyone knows about Boston, but look at Orlando. They have Rashard Lewis, and Charlotte got J-Rich.

10. Man, the other day I was actually talking about this with Jackie Manuel; I think this year’s UNC team can win the national championship, but they would have NO chance against our national championship team. No question. A few of us were down there and we ran a little bit against them.

http://dimemag.com/2007/10/03/theres-princ...ities-involved/

Quote:

Ever since NBA 2K8 landed in the office the other day, we’ve been putting in work. One thing we found out is the Hawks are actually kinda good on the game. (Josh Smith owns the best dunk in the office so far, a baseline reverse on the Sonics that was contest-worthy.) Christian got up with one of ATL’s youngsters a couple weeks ago, getting 10 things straight from Marvin Williams

Marvin is just a kid at heart !

Seems the thing that may motivate him is Smith getting ranked so well in video games.

Smith is an 84 to Marvin's 72vin the video game world.

Hey what ever it takes to motivate a kid. Wow, motivation tools sure have changedthe last 20 years.

Hey I'm a kid at heart too.

I'm in my 30's and play the new Madden all the time and can't wait to get NBA 2K8 when I find time to go to the store.

Have plenty of old buddies who still play on line since our careers have taken us to different places.