• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What the Hawks should do!

KB21

First, they have to decide who the general manager is going to be. Billy Knight should get the job. He's been groomed under Donnie Walsh, who is one of the best in the league, and he has a good eye for talent. He will be a tremendous asset come draft time.

Second, they need to expand the scouting department and give Billy more resources to work with. If he wants an assistant GM, let him hire one. If he wants a director of basketball operations, let him hire one. The Hawks have to get better in the scouting department to get better in the drafting department.

Third, they should give Terry Stotts the coaching job on a full time basis. The team made progress under Terry Stotts, and his system is a good system for today's NBA. He's a good, up and coming young coach, and it would be a mistake to let him go for a recycled veteran coach.

Fourth, they should resign Jason Terry. He's making progress at the point guard position and is on the verge of being a star player in the NBA. He will never be a true point guard, but there aren't many true point guards playing today anyway.

Fifth, they should trade Glenn Robinson. Try to find whatever avenue possible just to trade Glenn. If kept, it has to be made clear to him that unless he gives his all defensively and plays more team oriented offensively, his ass will be riding the bench.

Next, they should use the MCE and sign Jumaine Jones to start at the small forward position. He's not a star, but he's a good enough role player to help the Hawks get better.

Resign Dion Glover to a one year deal that gives him a chance to really prove himself.

I would like to see DerMarr Johnson resigned, but I wouldn't resign him until he proves to me in summer league play that he has recovered from his injury.

I agree with you. The weakest part of the entire Hawks

operation, from what we have been told, is the scouting

department.

With the money it would cost to sign one free agent, we

could upgrade this department. I don't know what the

pay scale is for scouts but I'm pretty sure that they don't

make the high salaries that the players do.

I have never seen the headline, "Team announces the

signing of Joe Scout to a new multi-million contract."

Walter is right, too. Hawks don't need a player with a

multi-million dollar contract riding the pine, healthy enough

to play but in the coaches dog house. Another team

needs Big Dog more than we do. He is a great scorer

and a pretty darned good rebounder, he just doesn't fit

the Hawks.

Imagine owning a great pair of shoes, just exactly the right

color, shape, etc. and that matches your clothing to a T.

You would love to wear these very expensive shoes and

show them off to all your envious buddies. One problem.

They don't fit your feet. Wrong size. That's our

delimma with Big Dog.

My fear is, Hawks will wait around, afraid to make the

necessary moves because of the unknown factor of who

will own the team next season. The new owner or

owners will want to do things their way. I don't blame

them. I would too if it was my money that was being

spent on a team, but can we afford to sit and do

nothing until something happens?

for now. see my post in around the league about Rice...they're headed in the same direction, but Rice is just a little ahead of him in the decline...and his contract hasn't kept him from being a role player on a leadership lacking Houston team...

IMO new ownership will feel the need to make a "splash" with the city and make at least one big p.r. move. Unless Lebron falls into our lap I don't think our salary cap allows us to make a "splash" with our personnel. So a coaching move might be the p.r. move the new owner makes. Whether a new coach can make a p.r. "splash" remains to be seen. While I agree that Stotts' performance was an improvement over Lon I don't believe that Stotts is a more qualified candidate than some of the vets available, especially Fratello (I think Fratello's observations during the playoffs have been outstanding). I also have very serious doubts about J.Jones. Frankly, I think Ira is a better option than J.Jones. J.Jones has fallen in love with the outside J and his O game is very predictable and static. He has wasted away his athletic skills. I do agree with the rest of your suggestions.