• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bill Simmons says.....7 seed

AnnArborHawk

Bill Simmons actually watches the NBA enough on a daily basis to see the bad teams like the Hawks though..his opinion is much more credible than some one like Kenny Smith who just puts the Hawks in last place by default(w/o having watched one of our game in years probably) because it's the easiest thing to do. Simmons has also been a huge Knight basher ever since we drafted Marvin over Chris Paul and Shelden over Brandon Roy so he clearly isn't biased either way(except w/ Boston teams).

Quote:

Well he has the Clippers winning 40 games and he also had

Cleveland, Toronto, Washington not making the playoffs in the east. I don't take his predictions to seriously although it is nice to see the Hawks get some respect.

He has all 3 of those teams at 39 wins, and I would say you can make an argument for any one of those.

He also has Orlando at 36 wins. I'd take issue with that one over the others.

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with him, but I can see the argument.

Not that I disagree with his All-Star prediction (I do), but he show's why that system sucks!

Shaq will get in totally on popularity and although he didn't put him in Yi will get in on the same popularity that Yao did his rookie year (as long as he remains a stater and averages 12+ points).

Business wise I know it creates massive hits on their websites, which equal ad dollars and the idea that if the more popular players are there more people will show up. Plus people are more likely to buy the jersey of an All-Star (I'm sure Joe's jersery sale went up after he became an All-Star)

I know you must have fan participation, but some kind of league over-ride needs to be in place...kind of like a judge setting aside a jury's decision.

Just my 2 cents