• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FYI Hotlantadude

Finnfan72

Seems like you don't like Hanno much and there's nothing wrong about it. We all have the right to form our own opinions.

BUT saying he's just a 3ppg/2rpg scrub is hardly fair!

Last season (2001-02) he averaged 4.8 pts and 3.3 rebs in 16.7 minutes. I admit those numbers are nothing to get excited about but they're not that bad either considering how many 3 or 4 minute games he had.

To add some perspective let's see his numbers in the games where he got some decent playing time:

When Hanno played 20 minutes or more (in 28 games) he averaged 8.3 pts and 5.4 rebs. Not bad, in my opinion.

When he was given 30 or more minutes (in 9 games) he scored 10.9 pts and grabbed 7.2 rebounds.

The numbers are quite decent for a second year player who costs the team only about half a million dollars, don't you think?

In any case, I think he's far from a 3ppg/2rpg scrub.

From Finland with a grain of salt wink.gif

But what does he give that is the question?He is a scrub.The deal

is when you are playing in big games Hanno is a scrub.You might

not understand what I am talking about now....BUT IF we do

challenge for the playoffs and Hanno is on the team you will

see my point.I've give Hanno alittle credit for the that he played

in every single game(I think)but he gives up a ton of the 3pt

plays and that kinda thing becomes important when games

actually mean something

I'm basically saying a guy like Hanno would look like a scrub in

pressure games.

He is alright for when you want to clear the bench or as a deep

reserve...but with a bench that is lacking we need alittle more.

But thanks for you're imput and welcome to the board.

If hes going to make it in the NBA, its going to be as a valuable part on the bench. I know that your from Finland and you want to support your man as best as u could. Heck, Im korean and i wanted CHAN HO PARK to stay in the MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL. But there were bad times when he was dropped back to the minors and good times when he was selected to the allstar game.

Anyhow, what i love most about Hanno is

1)Attitude- no wonder why Babcock + Kruger likes him. He respects the coach and he has a great attitude towards the game.

2)Shot- how many PFs can shoot outside? Not very many! This guy has the best shot outside on our team. An edge over Abdur-Rahim.

3)Hussle/Rebound- when i saw him play, he got many offensive rebounds just by hustling. I think he can make it in the NBA if its not with the hawks.

That the round mound of rebound Charles Barkley really likes Hanno and his "Scrub" Game.......I am a big fan of Hanno and I hope that we find a spot for him, because he will be valuable bench player in the NBA for many many years in my opinion. The guy played center for us on occassion, and at his size that should tell you something about his heart and his desire to do whatever the team needs him to do to succeed. He is a very good shooter for a larger sized man and he hustles his butt off. He came from a great college for making discliplined guys that you want on your team and we wont ever have to worry about him having an attitude problem or off the court problems. This is just a plain and simple honest, hard working man with good enough talent to survive in the NBA. We would be fools to not find a spot for him someplace, because I damn sure know other teams in the NBA certainly can if we dont.

played 30 + min a game . Out of 9 Hanno played 30 +, I bet we only won 2.

But to Hanno's credit, he will come in and hustle his butt off for 10 minutes. When he gets beat, its not b/c of lack of effort.