• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He has LEFT! Jordan is gone!

Hawksman

Michael Jordan has just stepped down from the Wizard job and is looking for other options. It was just announced. His meeting did not go well and he is looking at going to either Atlanta, Charlotte, or Chicago. He is one step closer to coming to Atlanta.

Guest Walter

...in large part seemingly because it lacks a huge metropolitan area, seemingly one large enough for himto "hide" in. It then went on to list a number of large city, large market teams (including Atlanta) as what he is interested in. This despite his "ties" to NC.

W

Guest Walter

In reply to:

"Despite his North Carolina roots, Jordan isn't eager to live or work there. Granted the man isn't going to blend in just anywhere. But at least he can breathe in a big city.

Jordan has a six pack of preferences" Washington, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami -- and Atlanta."

W

Guest Walter

be in any one place and while it highlites Charlotte it only does so asking the question do they want MJ, N-O-T does he want them.

Remember, the question (you) posed is who does MJ want?!?

Also, on "Around the Horn" both members leaned towards Atlanta (over Charlotte) as MJ's choice (as they thought he could get more team control/higher position in Atl.).

W

It seems to me, and some WAS people that I have talked to, that he wants more bang for his buck, meaning if he buys in for 30 million, he would want 40 million in team equity back in addition to his salary for his position.

Those who know Bob Johnson say that he used to pay his BET employees in sandwiches, meaning he was CHEAP. If Jordan goes looking for his type of deal, Johnson may balk and in that scenario, if McDavid wanted, ATL could weasel in.

Guest Walter

Charlotte won't field it's first (and certainly for a while a terrible) team until fall 2004. That's 18 months from now. I just don't see MJ wanting to twiddle his thumbs that long. I mean he can't even stay retired (as in playing golf only) for a year why would he do so now.

Charlotte does have $40 million in team equity yet unpurchased/paid for(?). However, Johnson has said that unlike in Washington where MJ was given part ownership, MJ would have to purchase it in NC. Maybe you broker an incentive laden deal through which ownership is in part bought into, given, and earned (increased wins/loses, fan support, fiscal responsibility, etc.).

W