• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LETS NOT OVER REACT

scottt

Had we won last night, many on this board would have been planning a championship parade down Peachtree Street.

Sure, we played like hell last night, and at this point Boston is a better team than are we.

Lets not forget that this opening schedule has been brutal. Frankly, I am OK with a 2-3 record at this point.

• Premium Member

Other than the inevitable "Woodson sucks" comments, I've been fairly impressed with how focused people have been in their criticisms relative to past seasons. (For example, most people seem to realize that the rebounding disparity from last night's game was an aberration better known as MVP Kevin Garnett).

Still, the same problems have reared their ugly heads in each game: poor PG play, Josh Smith thinking he's Reggie Miller, and offensive stagnation.

Those need to be addressed and are worthy of discussion.

That is what I noticed. Hawks beat the Suns and everyone is proud of the team. Hawks lose to a bunch better team that is playing lights out right now. All of the sudden they are terrible.

I didn't even bother coming to this board last night. I knew majority of the posters here would want the entire team traded,the coaching staff fired,Belkin to assume control,BK fired, the baskets torn down at Philips even though the game was played in Boston,etc.

Quote:

BTW, a funny quote from Woodson:

Quote:

"But this is a great team. Hopefully the next time we see the Celtics we'll be a little better prepared, I guess, because
we only played a quarter and a half tonight.

AJC: Hawks remain winless on the road

More like a quarter in a half is the only time when we played uptempo basketball and then we got blown out of the gym trying to play half court vs half court

I agree. We've won games that we were supposed to lose and lost against teams that we were estimated to get dominated in. The only game we played ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE was against Boston. The Nets game was win-able and definetly the Pistons. But like Sekou said, wins and losses don't come with asterisks. We've just got to move on and look towards how we can win the next game.