• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin is currently the MVP

Rexhawk

He is the only player on this team with a High basketball IQ. During the Washington game, Marvin forced the tempo by trying to dunk on players and going to the free throw line.

He understands the notion of getting to the rim to create offense. JJ, Salim, and Josh Smith were too busy shooting jump shots and three pointers. Marvin's hustle decreased the lead from 19pts to 5pts in the fourth quarter.

Marvin has been the only consistent offense on this team and is slowly becoming the leader.

One thing I really liked about how Marvin played on Sunday was, when he realized his normal 18-footer wasn't dropping, he started giving a pump-fake and taking a dribble to get a 12 or 15-footer.

How long before Woody considers handing the reigns to Marvin at the end of the game? It seems Marvin is non-existent at the end of the game (except the Phoenix game where Joe did a good job of looking for him).

Right now JS and JJ take turns going one-on-one at the end of the game. When is it Marvin's turn? He's shown some good moves in his one-on-one game to free himself up for a jumper, make a little post move, or take it to the hole. Wouldn't mind seeing if he could be the finisher we need.

Right now nobody has that killer instinct that superstars have. Joe's a good shooter, but he doesn't have that ability to take over a game. He tries, but he forces shots to the detriment of the team. Smoove tries at times, too, but he's definitely not the guy we want trying to close out a game on the offensive end. Marvin has shown the tools to get it done, but does he have that tenacity, that drive, that killer instinct to be a true "superstar"?

I don't know the answer to that, but I'd like to see him be given that chance at some point.

Quote:

At this point, I wish we could move ahead with a team of:

Acie

JJ

Marvin

Horf

C that we trade JS for...

We get a young Center stud like Bynum in return. That would be a more traditional team and less of a running team. I'm not against that at all. I just wouldn't trade JS for anything less (although I would think about packaging SW with JS and getting back Bynum + a little less than SW's value.) If we traded MW instead of JS, same deal instead we would be able to run some more also.

W

Marvin is the only person on the team that has the skill set to take over a game. I think he has a killer instinct but Woody needs to feed him in the fourth quarter in order to develop it.

If Marvin is the go to option instead of Joe, then Joe is free to shoot his jump shots like he did in Phoenix.

marvin is currently the mvp

he's top on team in net production, +/-, roland rating

he's gotten to the line 22 times...only smoove with 25 has more ftas

his fg% is .605 and efg% is .616

he's averaging 17.5/6.2 on high fg% and 33% 3pt shooting in 35.7mpg

he's 2nd in points, 3rd in rebounds, 3rd in assists on the team

he's like a mixture of chills (efficiency, slashing) and jj (scoring) this year so far

i don't expect him to be best, or even 2nd best, player on this team this year...but thus far he gets the MVP award

Quote:

Marvin is the only person on the team that has the skill set to take over a game. I think he has a killer instinct but Woody needs to feed him in the fourth quarter in order to develop it.

If Marvin is the go to option instead of Joe, then Joe is free to shoot his jump shots like he did in Phoenix.

Joe's playing poorly, but he's still the most complete player on our team by a long shot.

Marvin has the potential to be as good or even better than Joe, but this current stretch isn't enough to even begin the discussion of comparing them straight up head to head.

If Joe doesn't get out of this funk in the next few weeks, then you might be able to start that conversation. But even then I would advise a lot more caution.

Marvin's started playing with with personailty he played with in college and the difference as appeared night and day. But until we see him handle some bad games and see how he bounces back, we won't know if he's completely turned the corner yet.