• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we do something to make sure Smoove gets less

Murat

$$$$$$$!

For example take him out of the game when the game is out of reach, eeither way. If we have no shot at the playoffs with about 10-20 games remaining than reduce his role dramaticly. I know he will pad his stats and get mad for going out, but BK needs to tell Woody to do that. So if Smoove gets mad at Woodson Bk can just tell him that he will fire Woody for him and bring another coach if he signs for a reasonable contract.

Can you guys think of something?

If you are a Hawks fan you don't want him to get a ridicoulus contract that will unable us making our team better down the road. I want him to get that Diaw contract, 5 years 45mil. That's how much he is worth IMAO.

I mean Smoove didn't even prove that he can play 1st half of the season when it matters. Every season he has been here he tends to pad his stats when our season is almost lost and we need a miracle. That is mostly because he was our #1 or 2nd option when Harrington and Joe were hurt. Right now his stats are good, but he is playing way out of control and making major mistakes that lead to loses.

Best case scenerio:

Smoove gets only 32-35 min a game, because Horford will back him up.

His stats would look something like this:

15.5ppg 8rpg 2.5apg 3bpg on a 44-47% fg's.

If he comes up with these stats than his agent can't say sh!t because Smoove had a same year before and didn't improve a lot. They would blame Woody of course, but Bk than tells them that he will fire Woody and Smoove signs with a fair contract to both sides.

Worst case scenerio:

Smoove gets almost 40min a game and pads his stats in the 2nd half of the season in meaningless games.

20ppg 9.5rpg 3apg 3bpg on a 40-44% fg's.

His agent would have a case for him to be a max player than. He would just tell us "The kid is 22 and is putting up 20 and 10 every night and plus he lead the league in blocks".

What do you guys think? I think Woody can help us if he can limit Smoove on offense especially if we are out of the playoff race. Also he can play Horford at the 4 more often now since Pachulia is back.

Quote:

For example take him out of the game when the game is out of reach, eeither way. If we have no shot at the playoffs with about 10-20 games remaining than reduce his role dramaticly. I know he will pad his stats and get mad for going out, but BK needs to tell Woody to do that. So if Smoove gets mad at Woodson Bk can just tell him that he will fire Woody for him and bring another coach if he signs for a reasonable contract.

That is a little crazy, but if you want Josh Smith to get less money you should want Woody to play him 45 mins a night like he did Childress. That'll put you on the IR or in the doghouse fast enough.

W

CRAZY!

Quote:

So if Smoove gets mad at Woodson Bk can just tell him that he will fire Woody for him and bring another coach if he signs for a reasonable contract.

The last thing he needs is to believe he has that kind of power.

Quote:

I want him to get that Diaw contract, 5 years 45mil. That's how much he is worth IMAO.

At least I can agree with that.

Quote:

15.5ppg 8rpg 2.5apg 3bpg on a 44-47% fg's.

He needs to be shooting high 40's with as many shots as he takes close to the basket. As much as Smoove might want to pad his scoring stats, that's probably not what's going to get him paid at the end of the year.

We all know the guy is a crazy athlete, and he's going to get his blocks and steals. If Josh really makes a strong improvement this year (which I think and hope he can), that improvement will be reflected in FG% and TO stats.