• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Deserve some LeBron Luck

jaywalker72

Thursday night’s NBA Draft Lottery is easily the most anticipated draw since Shaquille O’Neal decided he had enough of the Bayou living and ended up in Orlando.

The prize is well known, LeBron James, and fans of the teams in the lottery have had only this thought to carry them through a miserable, losing season:

Maybe we will get LeBron.

It’s a thought that especially resonates here in Atlanta, where the local basketball franchise has been without a true superstar since a now-well-known-former GM dealt away the hometeam’s only claim to NBA royalty, Dominique Wilkins.

There is no question that New York, Miami, or any of the other woeful clubs that make up the lottery need a player like LeBron, but no city can claim they need him more than Atlanta.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=317

I dont know Jay I'm kind of scared of Lebron James. He seems like a grade A Ars Hole to me. I could see him being a chemistry killer, but how can you pass up such a great talent. We defintiley need what he brings so I'll hope that he is less arrogant then he seems.

Call me a worry bug, but I have some concerns about him. I just don't get all warm and fuzzy when i think of him.

Would you trade the #1 pick if we could get a superstar in return? Maybe Vince Carter and toronto's pick for Lebron? Torontos pick is still high so we could get a good player.

Maybe go aftet KG?

Anyways I'm looking forward to the lottery and heres to getting the #1 pick.

If Lady Luck smiles at us and we get the 1st pick, it would be a mistake to trade it. LeBron will bring tons of excitement to wherever he lands. He may need to mature a bit, but the risk of him becoming top three, top five player in the league is too high to trade him.

Seems to me like Bron has handled things about as well as any 18ish man-child would.

I think there is a lot of backlash against the kid, but his draw is undeniable (witness Bron's new Nike deal).

As far as chemistry, he seemed to involve his much less talented teammates often in those games that were televised, and displayed a terrific handle to boot.

His talents, combined with his draw power, make it a must keep when the Hawks land the #1 pick.

• Admin

He's done and said all the right things. As you pointed out, he's always willing to give the ball up to lesser talented players. Why wouldn't he do the same with NBA caliber players?

Personally, I could care less if we get the #1. As long as we get one in the top 3.

• Premium Member

If we got the #2 pick overall....

Would you consider trading Hendu/#2/Nazr to Toronto for Vince Carter, Lindsey Hunter, and Micheal Bradley?

I say that Toronto would do it for the players... I mean, that would give them...

#2 (Anthony) and #4 (Bosh) in this draft Plus usable depth in Hendu and Nazr?

We'd get Vince Carter! Superstar.

JT/VC/GRob/SAR/Theo.

Would you do it??

1)Vince Carter is a gimp

2)He's not a superstar and Michael Finley is better than

him now.All Carter does anymore is shoot fadaway

jumpers.And he's scared of contact.

If we had a top 3 pick I'd only trade it for a real star

and Vince doesn't play like a star anymore.I'd trade

it in a deal for KG or another real and uninjury prone

star.

Just say no to gimpy sissy Vince.