• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The delay in the sale of team is frustrating!!

KB21

This weekend is the deadline for the deal to be done, but no deal is done. Both sides claim that lots of legal work still has to be done, and they are talking about extended the deadline. It now looks like this deal will not get done till sometime in July. Jesus Christ!! How long does it take to freaking sell something?

When is the deadline for the Hawks to offer Jason Terry a one year tender? I've got a feeling that this will pass before the new ownership comes onboard, and they will end up losing Jason for nothing. The excuse will be that they couldn't make any deals without the new ownership in place.

I really would like to know what the hold up is on this deal. If it is AOL, they never cared anything about this team before. Why should they be making a big deal about them now? If McDavid doesn't have the money, then he doesn't need to be buying the teams.

Something tells me this is all AOL. I think they are trying to milk this for every cent they can get, and it's delaying everything for this team.

Here are the dates coming up:

June 19 (Thurs) Latest possible end of NBA Finals 2003

June 19 (Thurs) NBA Draft Early Entry eligibility withdrawal deadline

June 26 (Thurs) NBA Draft 2003 (The Theater at MSG; New York, NY)

July 1 (Tue) Negotiation Period (Teams may begin negotiating with, but not sign, free agents)

July 16 (Wed) Signing Period (Teams may begin signing player contracts)