• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Draft Wacky Bracket

HawkTodd

NBA Draft Wacky Bracket.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/shanoff/030617/roundone.html

"Page 2 matched up each of the lottery-pick draft slots since '85 in a winner-take-all bracket, at each spot using the "Best 3," "Worst 3" and "Mixed Bag" leftovers to determine which draft position has yielded the best crop of players. Taking into serious consideration the disadvantages of drafting as the position gets worse, our most revealing discovery is how mediocre most of these picks turned out to be. Judge for yourself:"

(No. 1)

Mixed-Bag Remainders:

Glenn Robinson ('94)

(No. 3)

Mixed-Bag Remainders:

Shareef Abdur-Rahim ('96)

(No. 6)

Mixed-Bag Remainders:

DerMarr Johnson ('00)

(No. 10)

Mixed-Bag Remainders:

Jason Terry ('99)

"The qualitatively ranked Top 13 slots are ..."

1, 5, 2, 9, 13, 3, 10, 4, 11, 7, 8, 6, 12

....................................................................................

NBA Power Poll (6-16-03).

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/poll/

"A first look at where all 29 teams will begin next season:"

"22. Atlanta. A front-office overhaul is first, a roster overhaul is next."

....................................................................................

Mailbag

by Sean Deveney (6-13-03).

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/sean_de...g/20030613.html

"If the Warriors don't win a verbal commitment from Gilbert Arenas, do you think they would be better served by trying to develop the players they already have (Steve Logan and Jiri Welsch), trying to get a free agent like Jason Terry, or the draft? If Dwyane Wade doesn't drop to No. 11, I think they should draft big and young (Maciej Lampe or Sofoklis Schortsiantis) to groom for the eagerly awaited departure of Erick Dampier at center.

Cenzo Pierotti

San Francisco, Calif."

"*** Cenzo: I think you will see a combination of what you've written. A couple of things first: one, there's very little chance Arenas goes back to the Warriors. And two, I would not expect to see Logan in a Warriors uniform next year, and I don't see Welsch ever playing much point guard. He's probably going to be a career off-the-ball guy.

Assuming Arenas is not going to be around, the Warriors can address their point guard situation through the draft and through free agency. They won't necessarily go for a point guard with their No. 11 pick, but unless there's a big man around who knocks their socks off, that will be their direction. I have them picking Leandro Barbosa, but if they could get Wade, they'd be thrilled (it's very unlikely).

Even after they draft a point guard, though, they must address whether to pursue a starting-quality point guard, like Kenny Anderson, Gary Payton or Speedy Claxton, or whether they should keep Earl Boykins and trust the point guard spot to Boykins, the draftee and Bobby Sura. It'll be interesting to see."

again, we don't know if the hold-up is on the hockey side of things...and I follow hocket about as much as I follow horse-racing (i.e. not much at all)

again, we don't know if the hold-up is on the hockey side of things...and I follow hocket about as much as I follow horse-racing (i.e. not much at all)

I really don't even know why he has to buy the Thrash. I know Philips, the Hawks, and the Thrash come as a package deal from AOL, but why cant McDavid just buy the Hawks? Is that possible? I don't like the idea of a guy owning multiple teams. IMHO, an owner should be committed to one team. Not dividing his/her duties between 2 organizations. I could be wrong, but thats just my opinion...