• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: If Atlanta drafts Boris Diaw, will Ira be back??

JaHawk10

I'm not sure that it has a direct bearing on Ira...it has more of an effect on Glover. Who we take at 37 might impact Ira more. It somewhat depends on what the mgt. really thinks about DJ (in Ira coming back). Personally, I'd like to retain him, assuming we do draft Diaw...

"I'm not sure that it has a direct bearing on Ira...it has more of an effect on Glover."

Yeah neither do I. I just saw a lot of posts about Ira possibly being gone if Diaw were drafted at 21. So i just wanted to get the people's opinions on that...

• Premium Member

Do you see him as a 2, a 3, or a 2/3? If his ballhandling is good, he might play next to JT some, but since neither Diaw nor Newble are great scorers, I can't imagine them playing at the same time...

I don't think the Hawks will be able to resign Newble anyway, so it might all be moot.

One thing that I can promise you from seeing McDavid television commercials, billboard, radio ads and blah blah blah for the past umpteenth years is that he is VERY excentric. I would not be shocked one bit to see him approve this team to go over the luxury tax to a degree to resign JT and bring in someone for around 4-5 mil per. I dont think that he will come here and pull an AOL and just keep the team as it is financially. He has to make a splash and the way to do that is to go over the luxury tax and bring in a player who can contribute in a big way towards winning this year.