THE WHOLE BENCH SHOULD BE HORSEWHIPPED!!!!!

Antmillennium

A freakin' 40-point lead should be good enough to last you for two quarters. Those clowns found a way to squander it within minutes, and I'm convinced that if they would have remained in the game that we would have lost. They have shown why they deserve as little playing time as possible. Even scrubs should be able to play well with a huge lead in the 4th quarter, but not our guys. Those guys are absolutely atrocious.

Quote:

I really don't get the Salim love. The guy shoots 30% threes , 34% fgs, and chucks it every time he touches it. Why does that deserve playing time over anyone?

because they haven't seen him in a while and just want to b**ch about everything.They'll want him benched when their wish gets granted.Then they'll say "Law can't be worse than this"

Quote:

Acie
jr.
and Zaza needs to do laps around the Grizzlies arena. They blew a 40 point lead in less than one quarter. Most of it is on A.L.
jr.

Woodson needs to run around the whole state,run to atlanta pack his bags and run out of town and just keep running and running.

this is my third time saying this and im gone say 1 mo gin

When salim KNEW FOR A FACT he would get minutes because of the acie injury HE PLAYED UNDER CONTROL. like someone said on tv, a player that hardly ever plays will chuck up shots because he knows he might not get this opertunity again unless someone get injured. so he says "might as well see if i can get 10 because i aint gonna get to play tomarrow. he mainly wants to show the couch that he still can play ball pretty well.

Quote:

When salim KNEW FOR A FACT he would get minutes because of the acie injury HE PLAYED UNDER CONTROL. like someone said on tv, a player that hardly ever plays will chuck up shots because he knows he might not get this opertunity again unless someone get injured. so he says "might as well see if i can get 10 because i aint gonna get to play tomarrow. he mainly wants to show the couch that he still can play ball pretty well.

exactly and when Acie comes in for his 5 minutes he doesn't know what the hell to do but pass to JJ immediately.In the pre-season (when he PLAYED).Experts were talking about how he played like a vet and not a rookie,they pointed out game situations where he did the prefect vet move and they were just little things casual fans wouldn't notice.Now he's a half broken guy like Roddy White.

Quote:

Quote:

exactly and when Acie comes in for his 5 minutes he doesn't know what the hell to do but pass to JJ immediately.In the pre-season (when he PLAYED).Experts were talking about how he played like a vet and not a rookie,they pointed out game situations where he did the prefect vet move and they were just little things casual fans wouldn't notice.Now he's a half broken guy like Roddy White.

Roddy White is good. what are you talking bout.

Quote:

How come Acie gets that benefit of the doubt regarding Woodson but Salim doesn't. At least Acie has the comfort of knowing that he was the 11th overall and has some job security...Salim has to play with the pressure of a future contract in addition to getting no minutes.

what are u talking about? I screamed for Salim to play too.People wanted to throw him in any trade and I said he needs to be playing not traded.I saw Salim alot more his rookie year than I see Acie.Salim would come in during garbage time and chuck bigtime and he'll start the 4th with 6 and end with 30 and we still lose the game.That happened against the rookie Chris Paul and his hornets.Salim and Acie should play alot more

Look we all know that we need another one or two guys (other than zaza and chill) to come off of the bench in order to really feel comfortable with our situation. The problem is various things. First of all as someone mentioned earlier our bench hasn't gotten consistent minutes all season so of course when they do, they play all excited and out of control (as you could tell by that quick push up of a shot by Richardson when we know he can score better than that) because they don't get CONSISTENT minutes. They don't have to be a lot of minutes, but CONSISTENT they do. If a player gets a few minutes EVERY GAME, then they feel more comfortable when they get in there.

And don't just stick them all in there at the same damn time unless it's the end of the game. Stick Mario in there WITH Joe Johnson (since Joe handles the ball). Stick Richardson in there WITH Mike Bibby (since bibby can set him up). Stick Solomon in there WITH Horford (Solomon can play the Josh Smith role defensively). I mean I understand there are always end of the bench guys who don't get much burn but we are not (and HAVE not) in position to waste bench players. You don't have to worry about a huge lead getting away if one of your two main scorers is in there with one of the bench guys. Then you can rest Joe and Bibby when your solid bench guys (zaza, chllz, and errr umm Acie) come in.

Wasnt there a stretch there when Acie got hurt that Salim played well and pushed away the chucker label for a bit. Then Woody seemingly has benched him for good so if he DOES get a minute of burn time, he becomes the chucker again.

I guess what I'm saying is that players play diffferently when they are put in the game and haven't played much than they are if they know they play a few minutes a game and get used to playing with their teammates.