• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody Please take Acie Law out of the Rotation

Johnnybravo4

The Hawks have a thousand people who can play the 2/3

The Hawks need someone who can back up Bibby at the point, and still keep the offense moving.

Over a 36 minute average, Acie Law dishes out twice as many assists as Salim Stoudamire has ever done, in any of his three years as a player.

Assists are not a perfect stat, but JohnnyBravo has never used perfect logic.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

We don't need someone to dish out assists as much as we need someone who can score when JJ or Bibby goes to the bench. Childress cant create a shot, Zaza barely can and Solo has no shot. The only 2 who have the ability is Acie and Salim and Salim is better at it than Acie is.

If Acie is there to create shots (aka, doing what a POINT GUARD is supposed to be doing), then I have far more faith in Childress's ability to score than I do Salim's.

And the fact that you're talking about Salim being able to create a shot is laughable, because unless I've been watching the wrong team, Salim's idea of creating a shot is "yep, the basket is in the general vicinity of in front of me. Looks good to me"

I don't disagree that he might be better given more, consistent minutes, but until he realizes that chucking up five shots in 5 possessions without passing the ball is not going to impress anybody (honestly, regardless of whether or not he makes them), then he doesn't need to be on the floor hindering the offense. I'll take the chance on good ball movement creating a shot over the Salim Stoudamire Show giving us a 30% chance of offense any day of the week.

• Premium Member

Quote:

But Acie doesn't run the offense either. He doesn't do it any better than Salim.

Acie does play a little defense and doesn't hurt the team on offense. He is just not as good as Bibby yet. So he still deserves minutes. Salim does not! Salim just can't shoot in games. Can't explain it but he shoots a very low percentage in games. You would think that he would be the perfect guard with JJ in the game but that has not been the case. Maybe it is coaching but so far in Salim's career, he has not shown that he is NBA quality yet on a nightly basis.

Quote:

Quote:

But Acie doesn't run the offense either. He doesn't do it any better than Salim.

Acie does play a little defense and doesn't hurt the team on offense. He is just not as good as Bibby yet. So he still deserves minutes. Salim does not! Salim just can't shoot in games. Can't explain it but he shoots a very low percentage in games. You would think that he would be the perfect guard with JJ in the game but that has not been the case. Maybe it is coaching but so far in Salim's career, he has not shown that he is NBA quality yet on a nightly basis.

He doesn't play on a nightly basis. He plays on a monthly basis he's only had 30 appearances all season.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He doesn't play on a nightly basis. He plays on a monthly basis he's only had 30 appearances all season. exactly,both Salim and Acie should be playing more than they do.