• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My trade of the Day

phoostal

Since everyone has a trade that will turn the franchise around, here is mine. Let me know what you think.

Atlanta sends Big Dog to the Clippers for L. Odom (S-N-T)

You may have to add some fillers to fill out this deal. I think this will help out both teams.

The Clippers get Robinson for another two or three years whatever is left on his contract. So they will lose that salary soon. Also, they give the look that they are still trying to compete. Instead of letting their players go for nothing. Since they may be losing Brand, Miller, Khandi, Maggette Odom.

The Hawks get an athletic SF who has handles and can create on his own.

What is everyone's opinion?

P

• Premium Member

Sorry, the deal won't work.

1. The Clipps are not hurting for Cap Relief. Odom is a FA and right now, The Clipps have ~30 million dollars in Cap Money to spend.

2. Grob doesn't fit their style of play. The Clips are a run and fun group that runs it's offense through the Sf/SGs. Grob is not a Point Forward. Odom is. They will resign him simply because he has lost value and he fits very well.

Teams where Grob fits:

1. NY. With Sweetney and Houston, this is an opportune place.

2. Houston. With Francis and Ming, Grob's ability is a great fit.

3. Lakers. Grob is a triangle Sf for sure. All except the defense.

4. Portland. PTL is a cameleon in terms of Style. They can be run and gun but they have very strong half court roots with Bonzi/Zach/and Davis.

5. Toronto. IF Davis is playing, Grob is a fit.

6. Dallas depending on who is playing C. IF Dallas were to get Lonzo Morning, Grob would be a great SF to have. Then they would have a good rebounder to go along with Dirk who spends alot of time around the arc.

7. Indy - If they resign Oneal, they definitely need more scoring. The word is that they will work a deal to get rid of Harrington/Croshere for Brandon on the 16th. Maybe they can send Mercer/Artest to us for Big Dog.

Teams that are borderline:

Memphis - No definite style yet... But with the addition of Jones/PG they are moving towards a half court team in need of a Shooter at Sf.

Philly - Can Iverson co-exist with another Scorer?

That maybe true. But, since when has the Clippers done things the right way.

The Clippers big goal is too make money. Not to have a good team. Do you know who has been the most profitable team over the last ten years. The Clippers. They just had an article on Clippers owner Donald Sterling in Forbes magazine on how he runs a profit making machine in the LA Clippers. He doesn't care about winning, he is in it to make money. So, why sign L. Odom back for a five or six year deal. When he has 30 mill under the cap let the others walk get G Rob. Whose salary will clear in two to three years. That way it looks as if he isn't giving the players away.

You say GRob doesn't fit there. Well, guess what if they don't have Odom, Maggette, Miller, Piawkowski, Brand and Khandi. What style do they have? I don't think GRob would have a problem fitting in when there is nothing there to begin with.

Just my thought. I wouldn't be so quick to discount the Clippers in anything. But I do agree that there are better fits for Robinson than the Clippers. I was just throwing it out there as guy in return (Odom) that possibly could help the Hawks.

• 2 weeks later...