Marvin needs to step up..

AtLaS

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's living up to his reputation as a player that chokes in big games

And where's the evidence of that one?

His three biggest games of his college career.. Link

And just as I replied to that thread - The Heels never would have been in those games had he not carried them in the first three rounds of the tourney.

I would be looking to leave Marvin/Childress open and force them to make shots. The other guys (JJ, Smith, Horford and to a lesser extent Bibby) have hurt them at various times but neither Marvin or Childress have proven that they can score against Boston's defense.

One thing's for sure, and that's that Marvin is *not* so good on the fast break. He's just too clumsy, as was exemplified in game 3 when he got out of control and fumbled away the ball untouched on the 2-1 break. I get nervous whenever we're running and Marvin's got the ball. Not a good thing.....

Quote:

And just as I replied to that thread - The Heels never would have been in those games had he not carried them in the first three rounds of the tourney.

They won the first two games by like 30 points. He had a good game against Villanova in the Sweet 16 and that was it. Once it was Elite 8 time, he couldn't do anything. Marvin just hasn't stepped up in pressure situations during his career, I really hope he gets that monkey off his back.