• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FYI on Detroit

From the Hawks Homepage:

As expected, the Detroit Pistons have chosen to retain their first round pick for the 2002 NBA Draft (23rd overall) according to Hawks VP/General Manager Pete Babcock, and as a result, the Hawks will only have on pick in this year's Draft -- the 37th overall pick in the second round. "We received a call late in the afternoon on Monday (June 10) from the Pistons, informing us of their intentions to keep their pick and it's what we expected them to do," said Babcock.

The Hawks could have obtained that selection from Detroit if the Pistons elected to deal that pick to the Houston Rockets. The Rockets owe a first round pick to Atlanta to complete last season's trade for the draft rights of Maryland's Terence Morris. Houston must provide the Hawks with a first round pick by the 2004 NBA Draft.

I had Emailed Babs earlier today before any one had posted the outcome on the deal here is what he said.

Detroit decided to keep the pick for this year, although Joe Dumars' told me today that they would be willing to move the pick in a trade if we wanted it.....we would only make a deal for a later first if a certain player were available. We will have multiple firsts in the next several years if we do not trade them in a package this year. Thanks for your interest.

Pete Babcock

I emailed Pete about Marshall and he really had nothing big

to say.He just said he cant' discuss Free Agents and that

if it takes using the 4.5 eception to upgrade the team he will

do it.

But something tells me Babcock is thinking better than Marshall.

I have a feeling he is thinking for a pretty big name player.I

also have a feeling his biggest goal is to have one one of the

best frontlines in basketball.The Kukoc//SAR/Theo didn't work

out so I think he wants to take it a step futher.

But I just don't think we have the stuff to pull of a big deal.