• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Voshon Lenard as our starting SG?

cyman3

I could see it now- hotlantadude, save ur reply... ill go ahead and write it here "Lenard is a loser just like Reef and JT, the hawks once again do nothing in free acency but pick up scrubs."

anyhow, look at his numbers.

hes a 6'4" SG thats about to reach his prime (either that or his prime is RIGHT NOW). His numbers have been steady since his beginning years in the NBA.

last year he posted

14.3 ppg, 40.2 fg%, 36.5 3-point%, 3.4 rpg, 2.3 apg in 30.6 mpg

he isint an allstar by any means but he can hit that 3 pointer and help JT with some of the ball handling. Seems like this organization has faith in DIAW since they traded ROBINSON away for economical reasons (no talent in return).

Shareef + JT + Ratliff + Lenard = 65 ppg. Our bench can give us about 15, and we can start winnin in an ugly fashion like the DETROIT PISTONS with tough defense...

I think that we are going to see Stephen Jackson being brought in. JayWalker mentioned that JT and Jackson are VERY good friends and Jackson is a young player who still has star potential. I mean he is what, 21-22 years old or something? The guy is an absolute freak athletically and once he puts it all together he is going to break out in this league. JayWalker seems pretty confident that we could be bringing him in as well and that would suit me fine. If we can add him and Willis to this team and then bring back DJ and resign JT I will be pretty happy with this offseason. Could we win with this lineup?

JT/Dickau

Jackson/Hansen

Diaw/DJ/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr/Willis

I think we can. That is a team that is very athletic and can really handle the ball and should be able to play some tough defense. Most importantly they are young and hungry and should really be able to get after it on both ends of the court. Just imagine the length that Jackson and Diaw will give us on the perimeter, that should definitely help to allow JT to play the passing lanes. Would Theo be happy with this lineup? I think that he would be. I believe that his biggest complaint was Dogs lack of defense since he did call him out by name and with Diaw replacing Dog the SF defense gets night and day better. Jackson is a much better defender than Dion was at SG so thats an upgrade as well.

Now that the Spurs got HEDO TURKLGLO, i dont see any room for Jackson (since they're in love with Ginobili). I read somewhere that they want to resign Kerr and Willis.

If we can do better than Lenard, that would be great... but our options at SG are limited (esp this year in FAgentcy)

Jackson is in his mid 20's. He played in Europe a while I believe.

I'm not that impressed with him. If we can sign him to a cheapo contract for a couple of years that would be OK, but IMO I would have rather had Ira for 1/2 the MCE.

Yeah I did some research on him and read some things from back in 97 when he was at Oak Hill and they were talking about him and T-Mac and they were saying he is every bit as talented and should either have a terrific pro career or a horrible one. I think that he is on the verge of breaking out as he showed in the playoffs last year. Heck when you get Walton to say that he was wrong about a player that says something and he did that about Jackson. I think that a change of scenery and a chance to be more of a focal point would do him a world of good.

Just as a side note, JayWalker mentioned that Knight was going over a list of people he is considering for our team and both Jackson and Odom are on that list. This could get interesting.