UFA Rumors

EazyRoc

HoopsHype

Quote:

Gilbert Arenas, who was cleared to begin rehabilitating his surgically repaired left knee over the weekend, still plans to opt out of the final year of his contract with the Washington Wizards to become an unrestricted free agent. But he doesn't plan to file the necessary paperwork with the league any sooner than the June 30 deadline. The free agency period opens July 1, and Arenas has until June 30 to opt out of a deal that would pay him $12.8 million with the Wizards next season. Yesterday, via a text message, he revealed his plan to wait until the final day. Washington Post

When asked why he planned on waiting until June 30 to opt out, Arenas wrote, "I just want to wait." Arenas expects to make a full recovery by the time training camp opens in October. Yesterday, he wrote that he has followed his plan so far: traveling and spending time with his family when he might otherwise be in the gym working on his game. "Everything feels good now," he wrote. "I have to get it strong this month." Washington Post

I changed the subject -- although it was fun to think about playing cards with those guys, the lapping Pacific in the background. I asked if Baron Davis will return next season. I expected Nelson to stonewall. "Of course, he's coming back," Nelson said. "Why?" "He has one year left at $17 million. That'll do it. Press Democrat

You get the feeling that Dumars will, indeed, break up the core group this time around. There's a chance that one, maybe two pieces, will be different in the starting lineup. Many expect one of those players not back next season is forward Rasheed Wallace. What a difference a year makes. After Wallace blew up in the fourth quarter of Game 6 in the conference finals against Cleveland last season -- he was ejected -- many fans cried for the Pistons to get rid of him because of his antics. Detroit News

Wallace will be 34 in September. He has one year left on his contract ($13.7 million). Because of that, and because he still can be a force especially in a contract year, Wallace has trade value. Certainly Dumars will at least test the waters to see what return he might be able to get on Wallace. He might even look to package him with another starter. Detroit News

Those are two players we could really use on this team. Rasheed gives us everything David Anderson would, but he's (probably, since I haven't seen DA play) a better defender and better rebounder. He would be great with Horford and Josh Smith in the front court with him, because he is a respected shooter. We could probably get him for Josh Childress, ZaZa, and Speedy (because Speedy claims he's coming back next year).

We need Gilbert Arenas' ability to create for himself. I don't think he's as good a fit for this team as Sheed, but he's a much better player than Mike Bibby. I'm somewhat iffy about him, because he might try to really dominate the ball, instead of playing the scoring PG role. H owever, if he's available, I want him on this team.

Quote:

no to Gilbert and hell no to Rasheed.I blame that finals loss against the spurs all on his dumazz.

I didn't see the game. Care to explain ? Why not Sheed ? As it stands we may not be able to resign Chilly.

Quote:

Quote:

no to Gilbert and hell no to Rasheed.I blame that finals loss against the spurs all on his dumazz.

I didn't see the game. Care to explain ? Why not Sheed ? As it stands we may not be able to resign Chilly. Sheed overall is always getting technicals and jacking up 3's.In the finals a few years ago against the Spurs when the format was 2-3-2.The Spurs won the first 2 at home.Then they went to Detroit for games 3-5.They won 3 and 4.Game 5 they had it won but Robert Horry had been hitting 3's all game.At the end of the game on a crucial possession in the last seconds Horry was inbounding.He passed to Manu in the corner and Rip(I think either him or prince) closed on him.Rasheed's dumb azz leaves Horry and tries to trap Manu in the corner,half azzes it and Manu easily threw the pass around him to Horry and he drains the 3.Spurs take the lead and win.They thought Detroit couldn't win in San Antonio but Detroit ended up winning game 6.They lost game 7.They had the series if it wasn't for his brain fart.and he was barely doing anything against Boston.It would be stupid for getting a guy that we had before but traded after one game GIVING Detroit a championship that year.especially when he's not as good as he used to be.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't see the game. Care to explain ? Why not Sheed ? As it stands we may not be able to resign Chilly. Sheed overall is always getting technicals and jacking up 3's.In the finals a few years ago against the Spurs when the format was 2-3-2.The Spurs won the first 2 at home.Then they went to Detroit for games 3-5.They won 3 and 4.Game 5 they had it won but Robert Horry had been hitting 3's all game.At the end of the game on a crucial possession in the last seconds Horry was inbounding.He passed to Manu in the corner and Rip(I think either him or prince) closed on him.Rasheed's dumb azz leaves Horry and tries to trap Manu in the corner,half azzes it and Manu easily threw the pass around him to Horry and he drains the 3.Spurs take the lead and win.They thought Detroit couldn't win in San Antonio but Detroit ended up winning game 6.They lost game 7.They had the series if it wasn't for his brain fart.and he was barely doing anything against Boston.It would be stupid for getting a guy that we had before but traded after one game GIVING Detroit a championship that year.especially when he's not as good as he used to be.

I can understand how you feel, but having Sheed on this team would be far from stupid. I also think it's silly to knock him for one bad play a few years ago. Also, from the game I saw, Sheed was playing pretty good defense when he was matched up on KG. Although he is fairly old, he's not a player that ever relied on athleticism and hasn't lost much from when the Pistons were a championship team. His BBIQ is underrated, just like he is. He can score in the post with that turnaround jumpshot, and he can also stretch the floor with his 3 point range. Sheed does not get technicals like he used to, which actually shocked me. He doesn't jack up threes either, and I saw him shoot exponentially more post shots than 3 pointers. Anderson is a shooter, but he might not work out in the NBA. Why not atleast get a proven vet who could help players like Horford, Smith, and even DA (if he ever comes) with their development.

Quote:

Rasheed is just too crazy for us to get and there is no way Detriot would trade him for Chillz, Speedy and Zaza.

That's just our perception as outsiders looking in. Every time I hear announcers comment about his "craziness" they always mention that his teammates consider him to be a great teammate. What you see on the court might be significantly different from the locker room/practice court 'Sheed. Now, whether or not Detroit will take Chilly, Speedy, and Zaza who knows. Childress could be their future SG, Speedy could be their 3rd string PG, and ZaZa gives them size. It seems good from my point of view, but who knows how Detroit feels abot those 3 ?

yes to Sheed..no to Gilbert. Gilbert is not needed on a team with Bibby and Joe Johnson, who are 2 guards who can shoot and score the ball well. There arent enough shots to go around for Gilbert and JJ. Sheed on the other hand, would compliment Horford perfectly..too bad he would never come here though. Sheed is top 5 at the PF position!!!