• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Portland rumors...what ya think?

SWOLEHAWK

Using salaries and the Whitsitt philosophy, Nazr Mohammed or Theo Ratliff from the Hawks remain the most viable candidates for the Blazers to acquire, despite what you hear in the media. And these are likely fairly unlikely. Ratliff makes approximately $9 million next season allowing the Blazers to acquire the young, but oft-injured center for Dale Davis and Steve Kerr, or with Bonzi Wells, both of which are possibilities. To acquire Nazr Mohammed, the Blazers would have to surrender Ruben Patterson, which is unlikely due to the Blazers desire to keep Ruben for next season when Scottie retires or for Derek Anderson if the Blazers acquire a poor salary like Chris Crawford. Because Atlanta needs a strong veteran influence, a trade of Davis for Ratliff makes more sense allowing the Hawks to shift Shareef Rahim to small forward and start Mohammed, or a scoring combo guard/forward like Wells allowing Rahim to power forward. However, a player like Ruben may allow the team to defend even better on a team with Terry and Dickau that will need defensive help. This trade is again unlikely, but infinitely more plausible despite media hype than the former deals.

Laughable.

Honestly, wouldn't the Hawks take the chance on Ratliff over acquiring an older player like Davis?

Ratliff at least has the potential to be a game changer on the defensive end, while Davis has not been more than a role player and is not likely to be more than that at this stage in his career.

And to include Steve Kerr is very funny...Where do they come up with this stuff?

That might be the worst trade I have seen on the new and improved board. The more I read these trades the sicker I get. Theo/1st for Battier/Lo or somekinda Nazr for Miller are the only ones I would consider. It looks like the Magic are targeting Golden State and Fortson becasue they are throwing Armstrong's name out there which is a need for the Warriors.

Armstrong

Richardson

Miller

Jamieson

?

thats not a bad start for a really bad team.

Actually I was fairly impressed with DD last year... he struggled a bit his first year but he was right... it was due to his coming off of the bench...

Davis is still in his prime... he gave tough rebounding, tough defense, an enforcer attitude and occasionally he would break out with a 15 point game here and there... he is most definitely not just a role player...

He was playing out of position at center for the blazers all year too...

I'd love to see Davis here... and if they threw in Bonzi, it would be a steal...

DD and Bonzi for Theo sounds more like robbery. What do you mean IF they throw in Bonzi, surely you aren't implying you'd do Theo for DD straight up. About the only thing the Blazers have that we would want is Bonzi or Derek Anderson, and neither of them would cost us Theo. BTW, Nazr would break out with a 15+ point game here and there also and he's about 50 years younger.

DD and Bonzi for Theo sounds more like robbery.

I guess a steal *is* robbery isn't it?

What do you mean IF they throw in Bonzi, surely you aren't implying you'd do Theo for DD straight up.

I wouldn't trade Davis for Theo straight up, no. But that has more to do with the fact that Davis is 3 years older. If you look at their production over the years it is pretty even(except for the notable exception of theos lead in blocks). If you look at their toughness and playing games, well davis has a considerable lead in that area.

About the only thing the Blazers have that we would want is Bonzi or Derek Anderson, and neither of them would cost us Theo.

Well, OK I can't argue with that well-formed logic.

BTW, Nazr would break out with a 15+ point game here and there also and he's about 50 years younger.

Well this isn't quite as relative to this particular discussion...Nazr wasn't proposed as being part of the trade... I'm perfectly fine with Nazr as a starting center as long as we have a good PF next to him...

Theo/CC for Davis/Wells.

I wouldn't complain.

JT/Wells/DJ/SAR/DD. Hmm.

Davis is a GA native too.

Also interesting is Nazr for Patterson.

The Kobe Stopper!

I agree that I would do that trade also. Davis has 3 years remaining at Hendus salary, or slightly higher. Wells would have to be given a long contract with a high salary, equal to about what Davis is making in order to make this deal work. I think he will probably want more money than that though, but who knows. The great thing about Bonzi is that he can rebound (6 rpg last year + 17ppg) and he really excites the crowd. If his knee checks out fine by our doctors then I woudnt hesitate making this deal. Davis was good for 10ppg and 9 rpg in the tough west, so I would think that might translate to 12/10 in the east or thereabouts? Not a bad deal at all considering we are trading two heavily injured players for 2 guys that almost always play.

I was a major fan of getting Patterson until I was remined a few months back about him raping that girl and after I read a few articles I decided that I personally wouldnt have traded JR Rider for him straight up. He just seems like a major risk to me. Maybe if he was totally straight in the head, according to our psychologists, I would do a Nazr for Patterson deal straight up, but I dont know. Obviously we win on the potential side of the deal but is Patterson stable? I dont know.

Theo/CC for Wells/Davis

Does'nt seem too bad IF and only if DJ can play at the 3, I'd still rather leave DerMarr at the 2 and see if Bonzi could handle the 3 in the east, Hughes would be just as good and possibly cheaper IMO, though. Patterson? NO. Absouloutely NOT. The Nanny Stopper could'nt even come close to containing Kobe in the playoffs, hell the only way he managed to stop Fish was by slamming him to the floor. I would'nt swap bellybutton lint and a dead cat for that piece of rapist child molesting human filfth, much less Nazr. Ira is every bit as good as The Human Septic Tank, and does'nt come with all the refuse and baggage. Patterson goes with the Trailgangsters like peanut butter with chocolate. He can rot his a** there for all I care.

why trade for someone who would do the same. Thats all I was trying to say with that. Why trade just to trade.

Good point about the steal=robbery, but I meant the Blazers would be robbing us.

I like Dale Davis, don't get me wrong, I just don't think his trade value is as high as the Blazers think it is.

that bonzi and davis for ratliff and a throw-in would be robbing us?

that is perhaps one of the most ludicrous things that I have ever seen posted on a message board...

once again if you look at the career numbers between davis and ratliff they are quite similar... ratliff has not even played in 1.5 years too?!?!? there is only 3 years difference in their ages too...

you can say whatever you want about dale davis but he is physically and mentally tough (something that the hawks could use) and he shows up to play every night...

throw in a young scorer with tremendous game and upside like bonzie wells to the deal and... well I really don't see how you can even argue the point soberly and/or with a straight face...

oh well! that is what opinions are about I suppose...

smile.gif

Well, the blazers are only going to make a trade to get a center... Davis is a PF playing Center for them and you can get away with that a lot more in the east than the west... I wouldn't make the trade just to make the trade (of ratliff for davis), but if we could force them into giving up bonzi without us giving up much in return (2nd round picks, or even unloading crawford) then I think that it is an incredible deal for us...

So, I think that there is no way that we are getting wells without giving up ratliff...

but like most trades it sounds like just a rumor, so it is fairly wild speculation anyway...

according to espn insider the blazers are looking hard at lafrentz now... so my guess is it is probably much ado about nothing...