• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Baron Davis still change his mind?

HawkItus

Quote:

Nothing is official yet as far as I know. Could Davis look at the loss of Brand and take a one year deal with LA and go for a title?

I believe he could technically back out. He apparently cancelled his press conference for today.

But his options are pretty limited. GS renounced his rights to sign Maggette i believe. I don't know what kind of deal GS can offer and he could probably only get a 1 year deal from other teams. He isn't going to get 5 years $65 million anywhere else.

yeah, he definitely won't get the money the clips are offering, but wow, the Clips could be down right awful in the West this year. I'd be tempted if I were Baron to go talk to Pat Riley or Mitch Kupchek, maybe even the Hornets. Or better yet go talk to Lebron and see if I can get a one year deal with a contender and try again next year.

Quote:

yeah, he definitely won't get the money the clips are offering, but wow, the Clips could be down right awful in the West this year. I'd be tempted if I were Baron to go talk to Pat Riley or Mitch Kupchek, maybe even the Hornets. Or better yet go talk to Lebron and see if I can get a one year deal with a contender and try again next year.

How long until he can be traded? I Davis/filler for Marion/Chalmers swap at the deadline could be nice if its possible...