• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question on Smith...

joshuaneder

We would all love to know the answer to that question. All we know for sure is that Smith met with the Hawks on July 1st (first day of negotiations), and afterwards met with a number of other teams. We haven't heard anything since. I have a feeling the ASG is lowballing the hell out of him.

I hope the ASG is lowballing him...I am tired of competing against ourselves for players and winning.

I have lived through the Koncak / Chris Crawford / Ken Norman days. Not that I am comparing Smoove to any of these, but if there is no competition for his services, then we should save some money on him (hopefully to finish out the roster).

If we could save $2M on Smoove and $1 on Childress, then we could use that money for Kwame Brown. Image adding him for free.

Remember we did not win half our games last year...

But, there IS competition on Smith. We lowball him enough into offending him, then we end up with a JJ/PHX situation and the player wanting out. We would have absolutely no leverage if he were to take the QO (even if it's unlikely) and become an FA.