• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Childress Rights Question

AHF

• Moderators

Has this been resolved yet? Does anyone know definitively if we will be able to maintain RFA rights to him for over 2 years? Thanks.

As an aside, this is pretty shocking stuff and will be the exception to the rule, IMO. I really, really don't expect to see a lot of NBA to Euro movement for guys who have the option to stay at a decent salary unless they are just disgruntled Euros.

It is a really unheard of instance, so not 100% certain about this situation. But some believe that once his QO expires, we will continue to hold the Right Of First Refusal. However, some also believe that once a new season begins you need to extend another QO in order to maintain ROFR, so you need capspace to be able to do this.

Bottom line is that if we do not renounce Chill then we will always have a large enough caphold to be able to offer a QO and thus he will continue to be a RFA. There is a possibility that we could renounce him and still maintain ROFR, but I am not at all certain about this. If I ever figure it out or find someone who has figured it out I will post but as of now I am uncertain.

• Moderators

Quote:

It is a really unheard of instance, so not 100% certain about this situation. But some believe that once his QO expires, we will continue to hold the Right Of First Refusal. However, some also believe that once a new season begins you need to extend another QO in order to maintain ROFR, so you need capspace to be able to do this.

Bottom line is that if we do not renounce Chill then we will always have a large enough caphold to be able to offer a QO and thus he will continue to be a RFA. There is a possibility that we could renounce him and still maintain ROFR, but I am not at all certain about this. If I ever figure it out or find someone who has figured it out I will post but as of now I am uncertain.

Good to know - as much as can be known right now. I strongly suspect Childress won't make enough of an impact in the Euroleague to justify a similar contract after this one and a return to the NBA will be very possible.