• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Need support savethehawks.com

acielawschool

I'm thinking about registering that domain and starting a website to beg David Stern, Shirley Franklin (Mayor of Atlanta), Sonny Perdue (Gov of GA), and anyone else I can think of to step in and help fix the franchise. I don't care what Chill's reasons were for leaving the Hawks...if there's one thing we know, it is that the organization is very broken. The players don't want to be there, the owners can't settle their own disputes, and the GM is handcuffed.

I've truly had enough and I'm going to do something about it. Please let me know if you would support this endeavor. I'm not talking about money donations, just whether you think it is worth my time to try and organize a fan movement to clean up the franchise. For the first time in my life, I'm sort of embarrassed to be a fan of the Hawks. The ownership is embarrassing the team, the fans, and the city of Atlanta, and I've had enough.

You in, or not?

Quote:

I don't know what you expect Mayor Franklin or Governor Perdue about it. You sound like one of those people who wants government to step in and fix all your problems. I vote no to that, sir.

I guess you make a valid point, got any other way I can help fix the organization? Complaining on hawksquawk and not buying tickets doesn't seem to do anything.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know what you expect Mayor Franklin or Governor Perdue about it. You sound like one of those people who wants government to step in and fix all your problems. I vote no to that, sir.

I guess you make a valid point, got any other way I can help fix the organization? Complaining on hawksquawk and not buying tickets doesn't seem to do anything.

This is true. Atlanta's been not buying tickets for a long time and the ASG is still around. Unless you have the cash to buy the Hawks or are creative enough to pull off some type of buyout where you take the Hawks public (Hawks shareholders' meeting has a nice ring to it), I'd suggest picking another team to support and getting the NBA package on satellite.

With a ridiculously stupid idea like that, how the heck did you get into acielaw school? We can get Perdue to pray for rain, sounds great to me. And Shirley can hire Dallas Austin to come up with a spiffy marketing campaign like the ATL. Please don't waste your energy or time with crap like this.

First I don't know how someone can say you sound like a person who asks the government to solve all their problems based on knowing all of one paragraph about a person. Pardon if I generalize someone by saying it sounds like they like to generalize people.

Anyway, I would say the only thing you can do is having lots of people put pressure on Stern who in turn may put pressure on the owners. But the only way that you can get pressure on Stern is if it's in the press and it gets lots of it. But you probably won't have much help because if Donald Sterling was able to be a twat all those years, the ASG certainly can.

But the fans constantly ranting I believe does make a difference becaue the ASG wants to sell tickets and if they are constantly bashed and not sell them, it may work.............eventually. I just hope they lose money.

Quote:

First I don't know how someone can say you sound like a person who asks the government to solve all their problems based on knowing all of one paragraph about a person. Pardon if I generalize someone by saying it sounds like they like to generalize people.

I didn't say he WAS one of this people....just that he was SOUNDING like one of them with the statement he made. Don't read too much into it.

That generalizations thing was good though...nice work.

Quote:

Quote:

I know what you can do. Go to Phillips Saturday and perhaps you can complain to someone face to face. Hell that's what we all should do ( I know short notice).

Quote:

Quote:

I know what you can do. Go to Phillips Saturday and perhaps you can complain to someone face to face. Hell that's what we all should do ( I know short notice).

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Would we really? Or is the best action we can take is to not turn on the games and not buy tix or merchandise?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Would we really? Or is the best action we can take is to not turn on the games and not buy tix or merchandise?

Your right, but if the Hawks are on the tube I have to watch. I'm an addict; I've been watching them for a long time now, and I can't seem to walk away.