• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you think..?

EazyRoc

Who do you think would win a competition of teams formed based on the years the players were drafted ?

Class of 2004:

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Al Jefferson

SF - Josh Smith

SG - Kevin Martin

PG - Devin Harris

6th man - Andre Iguodala

Class of 2003:

C - Chris Kaman

PF - Chris Bosh

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - LeBron James

PG - Dwayne Wade

6th man - Josh Howard

Class of 2001

C - Samuel Dalembert

PF - Zach Randolph

SF - Joe Johnson

SG - Jason Richardson

PG - Gilbert Arenas

6th man - Richard Jefferson

Class of 1999

C - Francisco Elson

PF - Elton Brand

SF - Ron Artest

SG - Rip Hamilton

PG - Baron Davis

6th man - Corey Magette

Not even close, class of 2003. On talent alone they win, but also Bosh, Anthony, James, and Wade have been playing together over summers with Team USA for a while now. The only other team that has had players play together for a period of time is 1999 with Brand and Magette.

Quote:

Nice, fun topic. Sounds like something off ESPN radio.

I definitely have to go 2003 as well. Between the other classes it's a tough call....

You know..I'm really thinking I should have left '03 out. I still think the other teams could give them a run for their money, but still..

Quote:

Not even close, class of 2003. On talent alone they win, but also Bosh, Anthony, James, and Wade have been playing together over summers with Team USA for a while now.
The only other team that has had players play together for a period of time is 1999 with Brand and Magette.

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith, too...

I should have prefaced what I said with high level of competition, AAU doesn't compare. Also Smoove and Dwight were very young when they played together, you are right though I failed to mention they did play together.

For some weird reason, after reading Class of 2004, I voted for them without even looking at the other years... 2003 would beat all of those teams in a basketball game, for sure. However, with Dwight Howard and Josh Smith's rare combination of athleticism and skill, I think they'd win if there was ever one of those NFL Skill Challenges except instead it was NBA.

Quote:

Well I am a little biased because I graduated H.S in 04, which is the best class ever. That 1999 team is nothing to sneeze at.

Can imagine Rip coming off screens set up by strong players like Artest, Brand, and BD. Whoever's guarding him would be running through a lot of beef. I think they'd be the most physically imposing team and the best defensive team.

I know I chose the 03 team, but I'm starting to reconsider. That team has a shooter deficiency, and their defense wouldn't be that great either.