• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Josh Smith Trade

EazyRoc

If we have to trade Josh Smith, I think this trade proposal is a pretty solid one.

Hawks Get:

Pau Gasol

Jordan Farmar

Trevor Ariza

Lakers Get:

Josh Smith

Mike Bibby

Pau Gasol is a finesse player with the ability to score inside and he's a great passer. He'll open things up for us offensively, and make players like Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams better. Al Horford will be able to play PF, and wont have to worry about being guarded by opposing teams' best post defender.

Jordan Farmar is a young guard with great size. He's a good 3pt shooter, and a decent distributor. He could start for us, until Acie proves he's ready to be our PG of the future. He's a better defender than Mike Bibby (a lot of PGs are) and we wouldn't lose much with Farmar replacing Mike.

Trevor Ariza is a great athlete and a hustle guy. I think he could go a long way to completely filling the void left by Josh Childress. He'd become our new utility player, and our backup SF which we happen to need right now.

Josh Smith will give the Lakers 2 versatile forwards to pair with Andrew Bynum. He'll instantly improve their defense, and the fact that Odom can shoot means that he will not hurt their offense even if he were to play SF. LA will love having an exciting player like Josh Smith playing with Kobe. Also, with Phil Jackson as a coach, he might develop well out there.

Mike Bibby adds another veteran presence to their backcourt. He could be their scorer off the bench, in addition to Vujacic. Not to mention his contract expires at the end of the season, so the Lakers can resign Kobe and potentially make a run @ another big FA.

Edited by EazyRoc