• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A new Fast and the Furious movie

Admin

I was stating that I appreciate the movies giving the import scene some recognition. When I was in it, I managed a large import performance/car audio store. Those movies did wonders for our business. We were the only high end performance parts store in our area that was mainstream.

The inaccuracies I was referring to was simply things like cars shifting through 8 or 9 gears in scenes, certain things supposedly doing things to cars that they really don't. Stuff like that. I know it's movies, but the hardcore fans caught those things.

I think the timing on this 4th movie might be a little late. The import scene seems to have died down a little. The economy has even hurt it somewhat.

FYI, I am a member of one of the largest car clubs in the U.S. and used to shoot for a couple of car mags. That's how I got my name "dragitoff". I sold my last magazine/show car about 1 year and a half ago, but still love cars of all types and even car movies.

That's cool man.

I was stating that I appreciate the movies giving the import scene some recognition. When I was in it, I managed a large import performance/car audio store. Those movies did wonders for our business. We were the only high end performance parts store in our area that was mainstream.

The inaccuracies I was referring to was simply things like cars shifting through 8 or 9 gears in scenes, certain things supposedly doing things to cars that they really don't. Stuff like that. I know it's movies, but the hardcore fans caught those things.

I think the timing on this 4th movie might be a little late. The import scene seems to have died down a little. The economy has even hurt it somewhat.

FYI, I am a member of one of the largest car clubs in the U.S. and used to shoot for a couple of car mags. That's how I got my name "dragitoff". I sold my last magazine/show car about 1 year and a half ago, but still love cars of all types and even car movies.

all those eurolights and underbody neons and decals surely put +50 HP to your civic! LMAO this movie series put the import scene on the spotlight and brought a lot of "ricers" to the scene that I once loved. I still have my car, and I still do all my own work to it, mainly just maintenance, but I no longer do any "tuning" to it anymore just a car to me now.

all those eurolights and underbody neons and decals surely put +50 HP to your civic! LMAO this movie series put the import scene on the spotlight and brought a lot of "ricers" to the scene that I once loved. I still have my car, and I still do all my own work to it, mainly just maintenance, but I no longer do any "tuning" to it anymore just a car to me now.

I've also heard that if you add a "Type (S,R,X,etc)" emblem on your car that it will give it an extra 25-50 HP.

Did you ever see the video of the guy demonstrating how adding a custom muffler with a Type S sticker on it would get you 50+ more HP? Basically it was a large coffee can duck taped to the car and he was actually driving it down the highway. Obviously it sounded like ish but it was still hilarious.

That's what used to drive me crazy. The shop I worked at sold bodykits, neons, and stuff like that but we also did nitrous installs, intake systems and actual performance parts. Most people thought an APC sticker was a performance part. What a joke. It's funny now. My last ride I had was SLOW as crap, but had more stuff done to it than most of the cars around here. Of course, having 500lbs worth of audio and suspension stuff in the back along with 19" wheels didn't help much. lol.

Now, I've got an 03' Accord that most people look at and don't really think anything about. What they don't know is I've got true dual exhaust, hi-flow cat, performance chip, cold air intake, and other goodies under the hood. I like the speed now more than the look.

I'll have to find some of my old cars on the web and stuff and post some links. I've got a few of my babies out there on the web and in print. I know there is pics floating around of my 04' Scion XB, 01' Honda Accord, 98' Nissan P/U and possibly some others I've had.