• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 Game My Foot!

Brotha2ThaNite

These guys are playing some good ass ball!

sure they make mistakes but boy do are they making up for them.

This game ball should go to the team. ALL OF THEM!!!

I Hated on Marvin Williams all last year.... I'M VERY HAPPY TO SAY THIS GUYS IS DOING GREAT. VERY HAPPY TO SEE WHAT HE IS DOING THIS YEAR!

And have anyone notice the new one on one D Smoove is doing? :beer:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Nice tenacity and EXCELLENT defense out there. I love this team's style of play! They are bringing that same style that they had during the Playoffs at home every single game so far. I absolutely love it!

thats why it was so important for the Hawks to make the playoffs last yr even tho ppl were saying "what the point" when you're gonna get swept. it made us a better team mentally. if we had made it and played the 76ers it wouldnt of been as good..im glad we played the Celtics tough! its carrying over so far..hope we keep it up tho

• Premium Member
thats why it was so important for the Hawks to make the playoffs last yr even tho ppl were saying "what the point" when you're gonna get swept. it made us a better team mentally. if we had made it and played the 76ers it wouldnt of been as good..im glad we played the Celtics tough! its carrying over so far..hope we keep it up tho

I hope so. But you are dead on about that Playoff appearance helping us. Those games, all seven of them, helped them to understand the difference between winning basketball and losing basketball. This team seems determined to win ON THE ROAD. They have a mental strength at home and on the road this season that I only saw this team have at home during the Playoffs.

I hope so. But you are dead on about that Playoff appearance helping us. Those games, all seven of them, helped them to understand the difference between winning basketball and losing basketball. This team seems determined to win ON THE ROAD. They have a mental strength at home and on the road this season that I only saw this team have at home during the Playoffs.

You guys are making some very good points. I agree that playing Boston was very helpful for this Hawks team. They learned some important lessons and management realized how important veterans bench players can be in make a huge difference.

Two years ago, and perhaps even last year, the basic evaluation of Josh Smith's defense was something like:

"Great on the help side, but not as stellar man-to-man."

David West did end up with 15 points, but many of those came when he ended up on a switch with Joe Johnson, Murray, or even Mike Bibby. Josh Smith was absolutely smothering on the inside. He's really stepped up his defense in the first three games. West was an all-star last year, and he could not get any kind of look at the basket.

Smoove was even helping out on Chris Paul at times in the second half...and Chris Paul really had a lame second half. He basically played every position on defense at one point during this game. He was just oustanding.

If he can show up like this for, oh 70 games, instead of 50ish, the Hawks will really have a great defense this year.

Two years ago, and perhaps even last year, the basic evaluation of Josh Smith's defense was something like:

"Great on the help side, but not as stellar man-to-man."

David West did end up with 15 points, but many of those came when he ended up on a switch with Joe Johnson, Murray, or even Mike Bibby. Josh Smith was absolutely smothering on the inside. He's really stepped up his defense in the first three games. West was an all-star last year, and he could not get any kind of look at the basket.

Smoove was even helping out on Chris Paul at times in the second half...and Chris Paul really had a lame second half. He basically played every position on defense at one point during this game. He was just oustanding.

If he can show up like this for, oh 70 games, instead of 50ish, the Hawks will really have a great defense this year.

Josh did play great defense. But I also think now his reputation as a great defensive player is giving him a little more latitude to make plays and not get the whistle. Same for Horford. Like it or not, reputation goes a long way in this league.