• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks @ # 5 in the East, ----

Gray Mule

Strange thing in the east, as we check the standings:

There are 15 teams in the east - 8 qualify for the playoffs.

EVERY one of the current top eight won their last game.

EVERY one of the other 7 eastern teams lost their last game.

Odd, isn't it.

Some sports writers said, before the season, Hawks would do well to match last year's

win total of 37. 10 down and 27 to go!

Almost every team in the NBA has already had at least some of their players out with

injuries. Hawks have one, Speedy, who is apparently on permanent injury status.

We played a game or two where our entire front line starters were out with injuries.

Josh, Zaza and Horford all were out at the same time, I believe, in one game.

Hawks big men inside aren't great. We still have too many layup drills run on us.

Josh should help put a stop to that when he returns. However, Zaza recently pulled

down 17 rebounds and didn't even see the floor late in the game. Not bad when we

consider he's playing with one good arm and one sore arm. Then, since Josh is

missing to block shots, our wise Solomon had 4 blocks in the last game. Not bad for

a lad that was drafted late in the second round a while back.

With a few days off here, JJ may get his toe healed up. Zaza his sholder. We expect

to see Josh S. return real soon. (Just don't come back too soon and re-injure yourself)

Except for Speedy, Hawks just might be healthy for the next stretch of games. Four

of the next six are on the road, if you hadn't noticed.

:lock:

Strange thing in the east, as we check the standings:

There are 15 teams in the east - 8 qualify for the playoffs.

EVERY one of the current top eight won their last game.

EVERY one of the other 7 eastern teams lost their last game.

Odd, isn't it.

Some sports writers said, before the season, Hawks would do well to match last year's

win total of 37. 10 down and 27 to go!

Almost every team in the NBA has already had at least some of their players out with

injuries. Hawks have one, Speedy, who is apparently on permanent injury status.

We played a game or two where our entire front line starters were out with injuries.

Josh, Zaza and Horford all were out at the same time, I believe, in one game.

Hawks big men inside aren't great. We still have too many layup drills run on us.

Josh should help put a stop to that when he returns. However, Zaza recently pulled

down 17 rebounds and didn't even see the floor late in the game. Not bad when we

consider he's playing with one good arm and one sore arm. Then, since Josh is

missing to block shots, our wise Solomon had 4 blocks in the last game. Not bad for

a lad that was drafted late in the second round a while back.

With a few days off here, JJ may get his toe healed up. Zaza his sholder. We expect

to see Josh S. return real soon. (Just don't come back too soon and re-injure yourself)

Except for Speedy, Hawks just might be healthy for the next stretch of games. Four

of the next six are on the road, if you hadn't noticed.

:lock:

If all this happens, we'll be back to our 6-0 Hawks team. It would all come together so nicely, but I don't think mentioning Speedy even matters.... spotting big foot being abducted by aliens while a ghost takes a picture is more likely than seeing Speedy play and make a difference....

to be honest, 5th is probably where we will be come playoff time.

i predicted we'd be a 6th seed this season...so far so good. i think if JSmooth never got hurt, we would probably be top 3 right now but its all good..i like what i see and he's coming back Wed. correct??

to be honest, 5th is probably where we will be come playoff time.

and that would be a very GOOD thing ! Ready and primed to make the Pistons look old. I can already see Horford getting in Rasheed's head and Sheed getting kicked out of a game infront of a rowdy Phillips crowd !

I can see Law's defense frustrating AI with his size and quicks.

I can see JJ posting up on Rip from inside and shooting over him from outside.

I can see Prince and Marvin trading 3's and baskets.

I can see Smith and Maxielle playing above the rim all series.

I can see Horford and Sheed mixing it up ALOT. I can see one player looking old as the other sprints up and down the floor.

I see Bibby's shooting and Stuckey's play as major wild cards. When Bibby hits shots the Hawks are good. With AI in the game Bibby will get open looks. With Stuckey in the game there will not be as many open looks.

That would be an awesome series, Pistons / Hawks baby !