Why the rush to trade???

thecampster

I personally don't under stand it. As of right now, the Hawks are:

DD

Hansen

Diaw/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Mohammed

And this equates to roughly $34 million in Salary (after removing Brandon's money). JT will get around $7 mil a year. That's $41 mil and 3 players left to sign.

Sign Dion and DJ for about 2 mil and 1 mil respectively for 2 years each (they will understand the money will be there in 2 years when Hendu and CC are off the books). At this point, both will take it to be employed. Then offer a 2 year 4.5 mil deal for Kemp. He's still available and a Helluva backup on any team. My math puts us at 49 million for 2 years and ready buy the world in 2.

JT/DD (Diaw)

Dion/Hansen (DJ)

DJ/Diaw/CC

SAR/Hendu (Kemp)

Theo/Mohammed (Kemp)

I would call Kemp the vet presence I'd want. Been to the finals with Seattle. Big ugly mean rebounding body. A great replacement if any of our 4 fragile big men get injured.

I like this young athletic team with lot's of interchangeble parts.

I think a trade would just kill what was developing team chemistry from last year.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

I think a trade would just kill what was developing team chemistry from last year.

Well, if you're referring to the Nazr/CC deals popping up around him, then chemistry shouldn't be a worry...b/c Crawford and Mohammed both missed significant time last year with injuries.

Plus, there's really not room on this team for four frontcourt players - Nazr is the least valuable.

trade we could make. He's TERRIBLE! Orlando doesn't want him back despite the fact that they will probably end up playing Gooden or Howard at Center. The guy just has too many off court issues to take the chance for the eroded skills that he now brings to the table. He brings the kind of vet presence you want? What is he going to do, show our young guys how to eat themselves out of the league, get addicted to drugs or father a dozen illegitimate children? No thanks!