• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rate the Friday the 13th flicks in order of how you like them.

Plainview1981

With the obviously horrible remake coming up, rank the movies:

Friday the 13th part 3

Friday the 13th part 6

Friday the 13th part 2

Friday the 13th part 4

Friday the 13th part 1

Friday the 13th part 5

Friday the 13th part 7

Freddy vs. Jason

Jason Goes to Hell

Friday the 13th part 8

Jason X

None of them are legit good movies, but....

I have to disagree and say that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake didn't suck and if there hadn't been a previous TCM a hell of a lot more people would have liked this one. The Unborn and The Uninvited sucked and the TCM remake was brilliant compared to those two movies.

I have to disagree and say that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake didn't suck and if there hadn't been a previous TCM a hell of a lot more people would have liked this one. The Unborn and The Uninvited sucked and the TCM remake was brilliant compared to those two movies.

I don't think the original has held up. I don't dislike the remake because there is an original. It just isn't any good. For a horror movie, the first half hour a complete bore. It's a by the numbers remake with no standout characters.

I don't think the original has held up. I don't dislike the remake because there is an original. It just isn't any good. For a horror movie, the first half hour a complete bore. It's a by the numbers remake with no standout characters.

Well they had to develop the characters since it was supposed to be the 1st movie and you aren't supposed to know who any of the characters are.

No standout characters? R Lee Ermey was BRILLIANT as the sheriff! Jessica Biel played the role as well as it possibly could have been played. Other than that no there weren't any standout characters but can you say that about the other similar horror movies like Friday, Nightmare, Halloween? Other than Jamie Lee in Halloween and the girl that played Nancy in the first nightmare I doubt it.

Now the 2nd remake (the prequel to the 1st remake) was pretty bad I'll admit that, but it was still significantly better than most of the "horror" movies that have come out over the past decade. I mean come on when you're being killed by a cell phone (never saw that movie, just going off the preview) you know that you have nothing good to write about.

Ermey was doing his same tired routine that he has done for 20 years. It was entertaining and refreshing in Full Metal Jacket... But that was along time ago. It has done ran it's course with me. Freddy is ALOT better character than any of the characters in TCM remake. With Robert making the Freddy character as fun as he did, the movies fall flat on their face.

There is nothing wrong with likely TCM remake. It's a horror film. Horror films are rarely good. Movies like Friday the 13th are like fast food.... It's bad for you, but sometimes you eat it. TCM movies are just fast food that I can't stand personally. It's better than Wrong Turn and the asian horror remakes other than maybe The Ring. I'll give it that... But for horror movies this decade, give me:

DOTD 2004

The Descent

The Devil's Rejects

The Ring

28 Weeks Later

The Mist

Dog Soldiers

Frailty

Planet Terror

The Others

The Orphanage

Pitch Black (I think some have forgot about this one)

Saw

Biel done the best she could, but that doesn't make the movie any better. It's just a by the numbers cookie cutter remake to me. You can even argue that it's better than the original, but I don't care about either enough to debate which one of those is better.

I actually own the remake, but I haven't even bothered to pull it back off the shelf after I blind bought it and watched in back in 2004 I think it was. I may have went hyperhole a tad when I said it stunk, but it's not entertaining to me. It just felt too "by the numbers" and uninteresting.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• 2 weeks later...