• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Funny Thought about OWNERSHIP...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I joked about it before, However, NOW that I am thinking more deeply about it... I say to [censored] with McDavid. AOL TW should approach another group about Owning the Hawks/Phil. MY thoughts are that we drop the thrashers out of the deal and approach Sean Puffy Combs, Jermaine Dupri, Ted Turner, and Stan Kasten about being the NEW Owners of the Hawks/Phil.

It makes so much sense that it would work. Puff Daddy has expressed interest about buying the Knicks. Good Money says that he won't get the Knicks... But a better opportunity is in Atlanta. The money from the Phil can make the deal.

Say AOL drop the price of the deal with McDavid from 400 Million to 300 Million.

Puffy, JD, and TT come to the table with the money and they agree on a 40/35/25 split with Turner and JD being Minority owners. What TT gets out of the deal is 35% of the profits plus his man Kasten remains as President on a 5 year contract. Puffy gets final say on all deals plus 40%. Dupree gets Arena rights plus his percentage. How it would work is that Dupree would be responsible for maintaining the business side of the Phil. The Phil is already a Money making entity but he has the connections to Book many Concerts being that he is the VP at Sony. Kasten stays in the game because of his basketball Knowledge. Puff is Majority owner and Frontman because the franchise needs a face... Like Cuban in Dallas and the Maloofs in Sactown. Turner works a deal with the broadcast rights of the hawks games that is paid mostly b y his share in the profits... In other words... The more successful, the more profitable to Turner because he has the TV rights. Dupree also represents a citizen of Atlanta (though transient) he is someone who the city can identify with.

The funniest part is that Puff can nickname the Hawks "the Bad Boys of Basketball" and that is instant promotions (no offense to the Pistons).

The other thing is that he would need 1 star to put the franchise on his back...

VINCE Carter.