• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks fans! I need you. Shareef to Bucks?

ThePurpleStorm

.....because I don't think Desmond Mason has the all star potential many feel he has. He's a great athlete, but there's a reason he can't get a starting job at either the shooting guard or small forward positions. He doesn't shoot nor handle the ball well enough to be a two, and he isn't big enough to be a three. The thing is in Milwaukee, he may start at the three because Tim Thomas is wasted height and athleticism.

I'd do a deal if they included Michael Redd along with Haislip though. Redd is a great athlete, good ball handler, and terrific shooter.

I LOVE his game and suggested that we should try to sign him last year using our MCE after DJ got hurt. That being said, I heard that his knees are really bad and that there are questions regarding just how much longer he is going to be able to play. It's a shame because all reports I've heard portray him as a good guy with a great attitude and work ethic.

As for Mason, WHATEVER his shortcomings might be at 2 or 3, he averaged over 14 ppg last year while shooting over 45%. He averaged right at 15 ppg while shooting right at 48% after he was trade to Milwaukee. I think his athleticism would be a nice fit with JT and Theo. That being said, unless we were prepared to make further moves in an effort to clear capspace for NEXT year's FAs, we might be better served to just go ahead and plan the massive rebuild in 05/06.