• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks fans! I need you. Shareef to Bucks?

ThePurpleStorm

http://www.basketball.com/cgi-bin/posters/...p;at=nba1.shtml

Please check out.

I'd wet myself if this trade went down.

I would hate to lose Kukoc, but to rid ourselves of Caffey and Mason would be worth it.

I like this lineup too, in the east anyways.

Ford/Strick

Redd/Dez

TT/Reef/Slip

Reef/Smith/Skinner

Smith/Gadz/Przzy

That is an athletic bunch right there and with Ford running things, it could be pretty good IMO.

But do you hawks fans think this is credible? who are the major players in getting Rahim? Please respond.

If there is any truth to this deal, Diesel may have been right.

Personally, I cannot imagine what more money they need to resign JT. That makes zero sense.

I don't understand the desire to keep JT and rid ourselves of everyone else. JT is just NOT a player to begin a team with. Heck, he's hardly complimentary.

I like him, but this is getting just plain stupid.

Play.

• Premium Member

I don't know about the legitimacy of the report. I think Kasten is honest about keeping Reef... However, financially (if McDavid was taking over) it make sense to trade Reef now. Especially if you can lure Kobe to Atlanta. I already consider KG a Minnesotan for Life.

That said, it makes no sense to build around JT. JT is a flawed player with Little value. If Knight is able to lowball JT... Maybe get him to sign a 7 year 50 million dollar deal. So that Next year, JT is only making about 5.5 million, then there's the possibility that we can go after Kobe...

IF:

We get a deal like:

NAZR/CC for Brevin/Battier.

SAR to Milwaukee for Kukoc/Haslip/Priz/1st....

Then this year we play with:

JT/Battier/Toni/Haslip/Theo.

Then Next year, we put in our bid for Kobe....

JT/Kobe/Battier/Haslip/Theo.

With that, JT has to learn how to be a PG.

I SERIOUSLY question the validity of the report, particularly when the info is so screwed up.

First of all, why would the Hawks trade Reef for Mason, Caffey and Kukoc when Mason's contract and Caffey's contract run for 2 more years, same as Reef's? That trade wouldn't give them any significant caproom until 05/06 and they can have that same caproom in 05/06 if they keep Reef.

Second, there is NO deal that needs to be made that will allow them to resign JT. They can resign JT at any time the 2 sides can come to an agreement on a deal.

Third, by the time Kukoc left, he was not on the best of terms with his teammates, including JT. People talk about Dog not fitting in but he fit in with his teammates a LOT better than Kukoc did, at least off the court.

The bottom line is that this trade makes NO sense for the Hawks. IF the Hawks were to trade Reef, I would think it would be for a young up and coming player (or a high pick) and an expiring contract(s). That deal doesn't possess enough of the necessary elements to make it attractive enough for the Hawks to do in my opinion.

As for the GS proposal, Mills has already been traded to Dallas.

If we were to trade with Milwaukee we would have to get Haislip and Gadzuric in the deal plus some cap filler and a draft pick I would think. Haislip and Gadzuric both have big time potential, but potential doesnt get you Reef unless its Lebron type of potential of course. I agree with you Trace, I seriously doubt the validity of this rumor, but it wouldnt shock me to see the team trade Reef. If we could get 2 good young players and a draft pick for him, I would certainly do it. I think that his value is easily as high as it was when we acquired him, even though he is a little older now, but his contract is shorter so that makes up for it and he has been to the All-Star game with us.

Umm this is his second year, [censored] give him some time. Its not like he got much PT as a rookie last year, but during the summer league last year he looked awesome. I didnt see him this year. I think I would rather have Gadzuric instead of him, but really I want both of them and they can keep Mason.

Oh and Diesel, as far as Lafrentz goes, [censored] I cant say this enough.........NO NO NO NO NO. Why would we want a guy who is signed through 2008-2009. No more long contracts, period. The only guy on this team at the beginning of this season coming up that should have a long term contract is JT.

[censored] development. The Lakers.Spurs and Kings don't

have to worry about development. Since the Bucks

lacked front court help....He would have played if he

was worthy.

Thats such bullsh*t scrooge. Karl is not known for playing young guys, he is just like Lenny. Both Haislip and Gadzuric will become very good players in this league. Haislip has 3 pt range and great size and Gadzuric can be a beast on defense and good on offense and great at rebounding.

Sorry but this team isnt the Lakers or Kings or anything like that and arent going to be unless they draft a superstar player that other players want to play with. The best thing this team can do is to grow up some young players with big time potential like Haislip and Gadzuric and to make good draft picks and wise cap decisions.

Look at what Haislip and Gadzuric did during the summer league this year. Haislip averaged 10ppg and 6rpg at 50% and Gadzuric had 12ppg and 5.5rpg at 60%. I know thats just summer league, but you just watch and mark my words over the next year or two these two kids are going to become very good players.

Glover won his summer league...Yet, nobody wants him...hmmm

"Haislip averaged 10ppg and 6rpg at 50% and Gadzuric had 12ppg and 5.5rpg at 60%"

What's so good about those numbers? I'll suggest they

don't show very much. It isn't like they averaged 20/10

or something.

" Haislip has 3 pt range and great size and Gadzuric can be a beast on defense and good on offense and great at rebounding. "

Yawn Yawn That is what is said about every young player.

These guys aren't going to make your team a winner and

it looks as if next years draft is another piece of crap of

a draft just like this one probably will end up.

• Premium Member

I'm not arguing that Haslip is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm saying that he can put together maybe 14/8. It's not the 20/9 we get from Reef, however, it's 14/8 from a Second year player making 1.5 million dollars compared to 13.5 million.

Also....

It puts us in a financial position to go after Kobe next year.

Also, I have reservations about Lafrentz too. However, I think Dallas would go for Theo/CC for Finley.

AND

If we were to make those moves:

JT/Finley/Toni/Haslip would be a decent core until next year when we get Kobe:

JT/Kobe/Finley/Haslip...

It's a group that grows on you.

I believe that both Gadzuric and Haislip are going to turn out to be really good players in this league and both should be that way for a long time. While neither will be a Reef type of player most likely, combined they will be able to contribute much more to this team. However, both are unproven and are just potential at this point and with that being the case in no way would I trade Reef without getting at least one of those guys and 2 first round picks or both of those guys and a 1st round pick. If we trade Reef for just expiring contracts like we did for Dog I will be seriously pissed. I would love to keep Reef, but if we could get 2 very young and talented players for him plus a lotto pick I would definitely do it.

Definitely stay away from Lafrentzs contract also. I dont mind his game so much and I think he would do well in the east, but there are only a handful of players in the league that I would trade for with that many years remaining and he isnt one of them.

to get Reef. It had better. Haislip and Gadzuric could both be solid players IF they maximize their potential but neither will ever be a star and neither would have likely even been in the rotation last year if we had everyone healthy. Haislip is a very good athlete but he's soft and rather than use that athleticism, he'd rather set up at the 3 point line and launch 3's. Same problem he had a TN. Gadzuric has the potential to be solid but I don't think he'll ever be confused with Zo or any other All Star Center. As for the pick, if we send them Reef; Ford, Redd (Des Mason), Thomas (Kukoc), Reef, Pryz (or whomever) might make the playoffs in the EC. How good would the pick be?

The bottom line for me is that IF we trade Reef, I want someone with All Star potential coming back and I don't think either of those guys are potential All Stars. If we did a deal with MIL for Reef, Des Mason would have to be included before I'd even DISCUSS it.

• Premium Member

OK...

What if the deal was SAR for Haslip/DMason/Toni...

Would you do it?

I mean, I think I would do that deal....

JT/Mason/Toni/Haslip/Theo.....

Until Toni is gone, we are still a mixture of stuff.

trigger. You KNOW Toni is going to get hurt and even if he doesn't, he's here for one season max. Haislip is okay but I don't think he'll ever be special. The million dollar question is how good is Mason going to be? I think he has a chance to be a Michael Finley type player and that would be great but what if he doesn't turn out to be Finley? If we could combine this deal with Nazr/CC for Wes Person, I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger. That way, we could be a player in the FA market next year when Person's and Kukoc's salaries came off the books. Still, I'm not 100% sure I'd make this deal.

• Premium Member

Again... Without any further offers...

Remember Toni is just for Salary anyway. The word is that he didn't have a good report with his teammates.

D-Mason is the key to the deal but don't disrespect Haslip. I think he can be steady 14/8 Pf. It's not great, but we can certainly use it.