• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Pro Sports Teams - - -

Gray Mule

:write a letter:

The Braves hover around the .500 level. Sometimes they look so great and sometimes

they look so bad. Talk about your "Middle of the road" type season. They have one

going on this season. If they get everyone healthy - - - - Could be interesting.

The Falvons have had their draft, picking up some necessary defensive players to add

a lot of needed speed. Some old players gone. New players being added, including

an old man, by NFL standards, as a tight end. Been an all star several times and he

appears to still have some fuel left in the tank.

Don't know what's going on with our Hockey team. They had another bad season and

we have to wonder if things will improve any for them, if they're still around, for their

next season.

The Hawks face the upcoming draft and free agency period with a lot of unanswered

questions. Who will stay? Who will go? Who will they draft? Can they take that

next step? They are, right now, on top of that "Middle of the pack" group of teams.

Too good to be bad and too bad to be great.

Then, finally, for all you great NBA fans that think that it's more exciting to watch

paint dry or grass grow than watch the WNBA, the Atlanta Dream open their season

this saturday. Winners of only four games as an expansion team last summer, they

face this season with a host of new players, a lot more experience and high

expectations for a successful season.

:super:

:write a letter:

The Braves hover around the .500 level. Sometimes they look so great and sometimes

they look so bad. Talk about your "Middle of the road" type season. They have one

going on this season. If they get everyone healthy - - - - Could be interesting.

The Falvons have had their draft, picking up some necessary defensive players to add

a lot of needed speed. Some old players gone. New players being added, including

an old man, by NFL standards, as a tight end. Been an all star several times and he

appears to still have some fuel left in the tank.

Don't know what's going on with our Hockey team. They had another bad season and

we have to wonder if things will improve any for them, if they're still around, for their

next season.

The Hawks face the upcoming draft and free agency period with a lot of unanswered

questions. Who will stay? Who will go? Who will they draft? Can they take that

next step? They are, right now, on top of that "Middle of the pack" group of teams.

Too good to be bad and too bad to be great.

Then, finally, for all you great NBA fans that think that it's more exciting to watch

paint dry or grass grow than watch the WNBA, the Atlanta Dream open their season

this saturday. Winners of only four games as an expansion team last summer, they

face this season with a host of new players, a lot more experience and high

expectations for a successful season.

:super:

It's not too unlikely that 3 ATL sports teams take part in the playoffs in 2010--the Falcons at the end of the coming season, the Braves next year, and the Hawks next year. Braves are rebuilding, and a .500 season is pretty close to what I expected (I thought 85-88 wins). Next year, with Tommy Hanson and Tim Hudson in the rotation, a fortified bullpen, and (hopefully) the addition of another outfiled bat, we will be contending for the division crown. Falcons are a pleasure with Smith and Dimitroff. I believe in the management team, and I think a superbowl appearance is coming up in the next 3 seasons. Thrashers I don't think have good management, and sadly they will probably go the way of the Flames who won a championship after moving.

next season.

The Thrashers aren't leaving Atlanta (no matter how many articles they write in Canada), and they finished last season on a strong note (more than I can say for our Hawks :sobbing:). They won their division just 3 seasons ago, and all they really need is some consistency and a top-tier center (sound familiar? :laugh: )

Sincerely,

A Former Thrashers and Dream partial season ticket holder (before the recession :help wanted3:)

Atlanta's WNBA Dream open their season this Saturday.

The beautiful Candice is expecting a baby, so she won't be playing

for a while. She's Mrs. Sheldon Williams.

That's one disability the NBA doesn't have to worry with. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

GO DREAM! HAVE A GREAT SEASON!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

If four wins in the inaugural season counts, then yes.

Either way, that first season was brutal, but I got courtside seats to see Candace Parker :inlove1:

For clarity, I meant that I had courtside seats to see Candace last season. When she finished her lay-ups, she practically landed in my lap (Sorry, Sheldon :tongue: )

Dream just won! Double overtime!!

Yep, we just might have a real WNBA team this season.

On a sad note, for the second game in a row, the Braves were shut out by the Brewers.

:help wanted3:

Dream just won! Double overtime!!

Yep, we just might have a real WNBA team this season.

On a sad note, for the second game in a row, the Braves were shut out by the Brewers.

:help wanted3:

Great game! I hate that it wasn't televised :angry22: